This topic is locked

Need to understand Process better

8/19/2005 12:04:01 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
C
ccurnutt author

Hi All...
I'm a little confused on "process" and here's why...
My (database) system is comprised of over 200 tables (It's an enterprise level app)

The tables are grouped by module (Assets / Inventory / Purchasing / Work Orders etc...)

Each Module will have several applications (Add / Edit / Delete / Actions) for their respective modules

(Actions will be my custom code)
Now, all these modules and applications need to be "glued" together under one roof (Main Menu Page)
I performed a few tests last night (actually downloaded trial version yesterday and was simply amazed)
I built one application (Work Orders to insert / update and delete) basic work order data and it Worked perfectly 1st time. (Could'nt believe it)
However when I went back and developed the work order - work plan application and did the build, my work order application stop functioning and only the work order - work plan application worked.
As an example (Work Orders Module consists of)
Work Orders - High Level Work request Info

• Work Plan - Labor - Planned labor for the work order (Data comes from Labor Table)
  • Work Plan - Materials - Planned Materials for the work order (Data comes from Inventory Table)
  • Work Plan - Tools - Planned Tools for the work order (Data comes from Tools Table)
  • Work Plan - Operations - Planned "Work Instructions" for the Work Order
  • Report Labor - Report Actual Labor used on Work Order (Triggers updates LaborTrans, Labor and main workorder tables)
  • Report Materials - Report Actual materials used on Work Order (Triggers updates MaterialTrans, Inventory and main workorder tables)
  • Report Tools - Report Actual Tools used on Work Order (Triggers updates ToolTrans, Tools and main workorder tables)
    What would be the "process" to build this module of applications?
    I'm a little overwhelmed!

admin 8/22/2005

Hi,
you can work with all database tables within one ASPRunnerPro project.
On the Datasource table tab in ASPRunner check off all datasource tables you'd like to build ASP code for. After that highlight one of selected tables and step through other screens in ASPRunner adjusting settings for selected table. You can always see name of currently selected table in the middle of blue info pane.
After you finished with one table jump back to Datasource tables tab, highlight another table and change default settings.
After that go to the Output directory tab and build ASP code.