This topic is locked

HTML Customization

8/19/2005 10:48:53 AM
PHPRunner General questions
E
edgerton author

Is it possible to take a column field from my mysql database and covert it to display something different on my web page?
I have a column that lists departments but they're in abbreviated form and I'd like to display the non-abbreviated form (such as hr - human resources). Is this possible maybe through the query?

admin 8/22/2005

Hi,
you can create new table Departments with two columns: departments abbreviation and non-abbreviated form.

Proceed to the Formattingtab in PHPRunner.

Set for departments field in your main table Edit as type as Lookup wizard. Set Table: Departments, Link field: departments abbreviation, Display field: non-abbreviated form.

E
edgerton author 8/22/2005

Under the formatting tab the options for "Edit as" and "Edit Format" are in "beige" and I'm not able to change them. Unless I didn't fully understand what you were trying to tell me to do. (which is entirely possible..haha).

admin 8/23/2005

Hi,
to change "Edit as" formats tick off the Edit page checkbox on the Formatting tab in PHPRunner.

E
edgerton author 8/23/2005

I'm going to email you a screenshot of my formatting tab because I don't see how to untick the Edit As field.

admin 8/23/2005

Edgerton,
I see the screenshot.
Since you don't have key fields selected for your table please do the following:

1. Go to Key column tab in PHPRunner, check off any field in the list.
  2. Check off "Edit" there.

3.Go to Formatting tab and check off Edit column for your abbreviation field. Format it as Lookup wizard as I mentioned before.
  3. Go to Key column tab and uncheck "Edit" and key field you selected before.

E

Thanks. That worked finally.

E

Is there any way to be able to search on this new non-abbreviated data? When I currently do a search (example: payroll) it turns up nothing whereas (example: pay) turns up everyone in the payroll department. So it seems to be searching on the old abbreviated department names.
Bruce

admin 8/24/2005

Hi,
you need to use Advanced search for this purpose.

E
edgerton author 8/26/2005

Thanks. I think everything is working good now.