This topic is locked

ASPRunner release number...

8/9/2005 2:26:57 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
sparkg author

Is there anywhere on the website that lists the ASPRunner releases and what issue/problem they each address?

I've been using 3.2.0.22...upon searching the forum, I stumbled on a response to a problem with a new release of 3.2.0.46...it seems to address the very problem I was seaching for.
How do I know when there are new releases? It would be nice if this information would be posted online - unless I'm missing it somewhere.
Just a request...thanks!

sparkg author 8/16/2005

Did you miss this one...I didn't see a response posted yet...thnks!

admin 8/17/2005

Hi,
the latest and recommended ASPRunnerPro version is published here:

http://www.xlinesoft.com/asprunnerpro/download.htm.
If you have some problems with ASPRunnerPro please write to support@xlinesoft.com.

sparkg author 8/18/2005

Sorry...I'm confused when I should write to support and when I should post here...my apologies...I just thought that knowing and discussing this would benefit everyone here and maybe I was missing something.

I know that the link you provided is latest version - but it is always shown as just 3.2 version number - no release number after that. How do I know I need that release or if it is different than the one I am using? The only way is to install it and then look at the release number correct? Then my custom templates are gone or broke and have to be remade.

I don't check into this board every day and certainly can't reinstall every day just to see if I have the latest release.

I'm just suggesting that possibly you could put the entire release number somewhere on the download page so we could compare to what we're using - and best yet, include release notes on that page that would tell us what fixes/feature updates were included. We're using your program very much, many small internal tracking databases...also working with several very large companies it is usually a strategic decision when to upgrade and remake the templates, sometimes the project files don't work in a new release and have to be made from scratch - if it's just a feature I maybe don't need or a bug fix that I really do need.

It's a great program Sergey, keep up the good work!

admin 8/19/2005

Hi,
thank you for your suggestions!

We'll think about release numbering and informing.
The minor updates are released for bugs fixing in general.

When new features are added to program the new major version is assigned to it. I.e. 3.3, 3.4 etc.
You don't need to reinstall the program if your current version works fine especially if you use custom templates. Otherwise please feel free to contact support.