This topic is locked

Checkboxs

7/25/2005 9:36:39 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
P
pracoc author

Good Evening,
I would like to set up an "amenities" search much like the one Glenn was asking about in topic #668. His question was about a checkbox search for around 20 different amenities. In the answer to his question you said you would be implementing this type of search in an update to ASPRunner. The date was June 13, 2004. I was wondering if this had been accomplished yet?.
I purchased ASPRunner just a week ago and realy like the ease at which it works.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Mark

admin 7/26/2005

Mark,
yes, you can do this on Advanced Search page.
All fields where Edit as type set to Checkbox appear as Checkboxes on Advanced Search page.

500306 7/26/2005

Thanks for getting back to me.... however I did know that much. What is happening is when I run the search "live" on my box or on a server my checkboxes are dropdown list of: [blank, false or true}. Am I supposed to see just checkboxes? Plus I still have the search box that says "equals". I have made that hidden but the box is still there. And finally, can I make the the checkboxes show up in 3 columns?
Thanks

Mark

admin 7/29/2005

Mark,
here is how drop-down box with three values work when you seach on checkbox field:
blank - means do not take this field into consideration (returns yes and no values)

false - means search for empty (no) values

true - means search for yes values
If checkbox is used for this purpose you cannot exlude this field from consideration while searching.