This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Linking to a file inside the root of a website

2/20/2011 8:19:03 AM
PHPRunner General questions
M
mlapl1 author

Hello,
This may sound a bit simple but I cannot find an answer.
I want to create a link to a file located inside the structure of my website. Do I have to hardcode it or is there a way that I can code it so that if I move the site to some other part of my server the file will still be found? (Some CMS systems use a shortcut like %site% to indicate the current site whatever its name - but the name is defined elsewhere - not the case with phprunner sites as far as I can tell).
Of course, I do not want to have to rewrite (or remember) any links to local files if possible.
And related to this question, is there a simple way that I could generate a popup from within phprunner? I suppose I could modify the html, but it would be better if phprunner managed it all.
Thank you

Andrew

P
procheck 2/20/2011

Are you trying to link to an external page? There is info in the manual about that.

Also check 3.1.3.7 Menu item: Modify.

M
mlapl1 author 2/20/2011

Thank for your reply. I will look. It is a page external to the files generated by phprunner but in the same domain and webroot. I am just looking for a shortcut so that I do not have to change all the links later on.
Andrew

admin 2/20/2011

Not sure how this applies to PHPRunner.
Link to a file in the root directory as /file.html

One directory deeper /folder/file.html etc.

The whole Internet works this way.

M
mlapl1 author 2/20/2011

Thanks Sergey. That's what I would expect: that it would work on a relative path from the root of the web server. It's just that some pieces of software specifically require an address in the form of http://.... I was not sure what was required by phprunner's editor (I guess: file://file.html)
Cheers and thanks

Andrew