This topic is locked

Drop-down menus in Edit page

7/4/2005 3:39:48 PM
PHPRunner General questions
author

Hi,

I have several drop-down menus in my application, and when I edit a record, all those values default to "select a value", meaning I have to reselect all of the correct ones for that record, all they are lost when saving !

Did I do anything wrong, is there a way to have the current DB record value selected by default on the edit page ?

Great tool, so I hope that works, because if ot does and the customization is easy I'll definitely have my company buy it.

Thanks.

admin 7/5/2005

Denis,
when you save a record dropdown boxes should display saved values. If you see Please select after Save this means some error happens on Edit page.
Do you see a yellow triangle in the left bottom corner of Internet Explorer after Edit page is loaded?
You can send your PHPRunner project file along with script that creates required tables to support@xlinesoft.com for investigation.

500276 7/5/2005

Hi Sergey,
We try not to use IE but I tested the pages on it;

Whether under Firefox or IE we do not have Javascript errors, and the saved values are not pre-selected. I'll definitely send you the files - note they were created in French so I have not tested again in English only.

Thanks.