This topic is locked

can't add a field

6/26/2005 9:17:48 AM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
author

hi. i am building a hospital management software. but when i try to enter data. i dont get the field of patient id and clinic id in all forms.
when i was setting up the software and i got to step 8/12 where i define how do i want to edit each field i c that the ADD is not ticked for patientid so when i try to fill a new entry i dont find the field to input patient id. and i tried to tick the patientid field in ADD in step 8/12 but when i get back to it again after fixing other tables i find it gone and this expression is written in defaultvalue (GetRequestForm("masterkey"))

you can test it at this domain. www.codeology.com/hospi (user admin and pass admin)
the other problem is when i want to c the input data for the requested clinical supplies. i get an error message as well.

admin 6/28/2005

Hi,
you don't need to fill the patient id field on the Add page. This key field will be filled automatically.
Could you post here the error message you get after data input?

B
bassel 6/29/2005

no i am not talking about autonumbers. i am talking about this that u c in the picture every time i tick this box to get an add record in the add page and i come back to it again after editing tables it becomes un ticked again.
and this is happening in more than 1 table and more than 1 project

admin 6/29/2005

You do not need to add FOREIGN KEY field to the ADD page. This field will be filled with corresponding MASTER KEY value by ASPRunner.

B
bassel123 6/30/2005

but in my application i have to add this field. because this is a table to request clinical supplies from the store. so i want to add the clinic id. and i can't.

isnt there a way to make it appear in the add page ???

B
bassel123 6/30/2005

but in my application i have to add this field. because this is a table to request clinical supplies from the store. so i want to add the clinic id. and i can't.

isnt there a way to make it appear in the add page ???
i tried it. and when i add a record. the clinic if doesnt appear. from the other side, the store keeper will be logged in the system and can only view the table that the requested items are added to. so he has to c the clinic id where he can supply the products.
regards

admin 7/1/2005

Hi,
if you tick Add page box manually and build project you 'll see this field on the Add page.
If you need to work with other tables don't return to detail table and don't set cursor on it on the Step3-Datasource table in ASPRunner.
Sorry for this inconvenience. In the next update of ASPRunner this problem will be fixed.