This topic is locked

Install questions

6/22/2005 8:11:30 PM
PHPRunner General questions
author

There doesn't seem to be much info on initially connecting for someone that is not "connect savvy".
Trying to connect to MYSQL that is located on the web where my site is hosted (by another company). The first lines for connecting says:

Host/Server Name (or IP)

User

Password

Port (if not 3306)
How do I know what this info is???? I know it says to use localhost on most apps, but I don't know when this would be right and when it would not be right so I don't know if this is my problem connecting or one of the other fields. When I connect to my website via an FTP app, I use:

my web address (don't know IP #)

User allowed for FTP connection

Password for this user and port 21.

When I connect to my cpanel I simply put in my web address + '/cpanel'. I get prompted for my user/password info and then I am in the control panel. I can get to my mysql databases through the phpadmin link.
So I tried to use the upload phprunner.php page. It uploads it, but then I am brought to a blank page and I still can't connect through the phprunner app either. HELP.

Thanks so much,

Kristy

500262 6/22/2005

Okay, I've got it now. I had to put the phprunner.php file in the public_html folder. Working fine now, but since this is such a common structure for websites you might want to include it in the directions. Especially since when it opens the page, it doesn't automatically put you where the file was uploaded to.
--Kristy

admin 6/24/2005

Kristy,
thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately public_html is not the only folder name used for this purpose. Some others use WWW, some webhosts make FTP and WWWROOT point to the same directory.