This topic is locked

Unable to edit

6/6/2005 9:55:41 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
B
bottiger author

I have a table with 7 fields. 5 of which will appear on list, edit ... page. I don't allow advanced search. On select key fields I select three of the fields, one of which is a radio button field. I only select edit and view. I set formatting for that field as radio button and make it required field, all other fields I check edit page. I make no other changes.

When I build the project I can search but when I click on edit, the screen that appears has nothing to edit, only a star indicating required field and save/reset. What am I doing wrong? I am unable to edit anything. What I want to do is to be ablt to view the 5 fields but only be able to edit the one field that is a radio button.

admin 6/7/2005

Hi,
I won't recommend you to edit key field and to set it as radio button.

B
bottiger author 6/7/2005

Hi,

I won't recommend you to edit key field and to set it as radio button.

I am not sure what you mean. When I don't include anyfields on step 7 of 12 (Key Column) I am unable to edit anything. All along I have set field as radio button. I am unable to complete task.

I want to be able to view all five fields but only edit one - the one that is a radio button.

Please help and if possible please try to be as specific as possible. I am a newbie but want to be able to use this software.

I am using version 3.2

B
bottiger author 6/8/2005

I am able to get what I want but only if I add "Add New" "Delete" "View" and "Copy" along with "Edit" on step seven - Key Column. To avoid confusion I only want Edit - In order to be able to edit do I have to have the others checked?

Thanks

C
chantal 6/9/2005

Hello
I am working with the first beta of the version 3.2 and I have the same problem. So, to be able to have some fields on the Edit screen, I add the selection of "Add new" on the step 7 (even I don't want to add record) and then, my Edit fields are keeped. Only select "Add new" fixes the problem.

After, I suppress in the source list.asp the display of the link "Add new" when adding a record is not allowed.

I suppose you have the same case in the version 3.2 beta3.
Regards

Chantal

admin 6/10/2005

Bottiger,
you need to set another field as key field on Key Column tab in ASPRunner.

B
bottiger author 6/10/2005

Again I do not understand - WHat do you mean set another key on the key column tab? If you mean do not select radio button field - I do not select that and I still have the same issue. The only way I can get around problem is to allow "Add". I do not want to allow "Add"

Please try to explain completely or recommend a user who can help me with this problem. I am becoming very frustrated.
Thanks

admin 6/14/2005

Hi,
make sure you use the final release of ASPRunner Pro

If you "want to be able to view all five fields but only edit one - the one that is a radio button" do the following:

• on the Step7-Key column check Editbox only.
  • on the Step8-Formattingset for field you want to edit Edit as type as Radio button
  • set Readonlytype for the rest of fields.
    See sample setup on this screenshot.

Chantal,
can you elaborate your problem? I can't reproduce it.

C
chantal 6/16/2005

Hello Sergey
I don't have installed yet the last version of AspRunnerPro 3.2 but I am using the version 3.2 beta 1. So I don't know if the problem I have still exists. I will check when I will install the final release and, if it is the same, I will keep you informed.
Regards

Chantal