PHPRunner 5.3/ASPRunnerPro 6.3 is planned as a relatively small update to be released in June-July 2010. Here is the list of the most interesting features planned in this update.
- Folding sections/tabs on View/Edit/Add pages.
- ASPRunnerPro/PHPRunner will be translated to several languages (haven't yet decided which ones to start with first)
- More flexible search settings. Each field can be marked as search panel, advanced search, Google like search, quick search.
- Allow 'Records per page' dropdown customization
- Drill-down option for charts. Click on chart element to proceed to another chart or to underlying data.
- Events editor enhancements like search across all events
- New events (onerror - write your own error messages, Audit events, Edit/View page events that allow access to values to be displayed on the page)
- New 'View as' types MP3 and Video
Time permitting we will fit them into ASPRunnerPro 6.3/PHPRunner 5.3. Otherwise they will be included in ASPRunnerPro 7/PHPRunner 6 release.
- rebuild modified files only (quick rebuild vs full rebuild). Will be extremely useful for large projects.
- field level events (Add/Edit/Register pages)
- lookup wizard enhancements (use custom views as lookup wizard source, allow to fill multiple fields with values from lookup table, option to create a new lookup table and fill it with values)
PHPRunner 6.0/ASPRunnerPro 7.0
Planned to to be released in 2010.
The main feature is Style Editor where you can customize every visual aspect of your applications: buttons, grids, pagination, colors, fonts etc. The idea is to fully separate HTML from CSS making all visual elements customizable. You will be able to create your own color schemas and share them with other users.
Other enhancements include Visual Editor update. We'll be updating this list constantly.