This topic is locked

PayPal / AspRunner pages

8/11/2003 1:47:01 PM
ASPRunnerPro General questions
M
MaxLm author

Hi - I am very interested with ASP runner. I just downloaded it last week and try testing it and it seems to be a very good application. What I need to do is integrate PayPal into ASP runner output so my customers can access the database and pay using PayPal without to enter userdata again. I want to buy ASPrunner now but need some help:
A few MS ACCESS tables are affected:
users table where I keep username and password :

Table: tblUsers

tblUsersUsername

tblUsersPassword
TblCustomers:

tblCustomerFirst

tblCustomersLast

..... etc.
tblEtcEtc
-Users usually will either their names/data security user/pw Freely from the ASPrunner generated ASP pages.

OR

Add their names/data security user/pw when purchasing.

If user has no username/pw, a button to ADD name page will be used to enter these information for billing and shipping.
I'd like their paying/purchasing experience to be easy, no redundant data entry.
Once info is entered, during payment, I would like all these info to be immediately pasted to Paypal (I am assuming customer does not have a paypal account) else, user will enter his/her username/password in paypal.
Once PayPal Confirms using the PayPal Page confirmation, I would like to bring back the user automatically to my site.
Please advise how to do this.
thanks

admin 8/11/2003

Hi,
I'm not sure if PayPal supports this option.
On this page https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...egistration-run you need to enter security code that prevents automated registration. This means users have to type all info manually if they don't have paypal account.
If you have other information about this - just point me to this URL.
Sergey Kornilov

M
MaxLm author 8/12/2003

Hi Sergev-

That link you provided above from PayPal is to register new account only. The above request assumes that all the information are entered from the ASP pages using ASPrunner pre-created ASP Pages, existing or new acount. Once an account is created and customer proceeds to purchasing and do a checkout, when Paying, the PayPal screen will automatically be pre-populated: Here is the link to a sample of a PayPal transaction
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=maxl...rrency_code=USD
If the customer does not have a PayPal account, he will hit the "Click here", and the PayPal Payment screen will come up and what I want is ASP RUNNER autopopulate the following:
Enter Your Credit Card Information
First Name:

Last Name:

Card Type:

Credit Card Number:

Expiration Date:
Billing Address (where you receive your credit card bills)
Street:

City:

State:

Zip:

Telephone:

Email address:
I found out that the PayPal shopping cart can bring back the customer to my pages automatically.
thanks,

admin 8/12/2003

Hi,
that's what I'm talking about - how do I prepopulate this form?

Does PayPal provide some instructions on filling this form automatically?
Sergey Kornilov

M
MaxLm author 8/12/2003

Umm. I see what you're saying. Let me get back to you on that. Will contact Paypal for info. Thanks,

M
MaxLm author 8/13/2003

Hello Seryey-

I have a reply from PayPal.
Here are the Variables:
When customer click to pay by PayPal, the first PayPal screen will come up, if user as an account with paypal, Email and Password can be entered by the customer - this time if available from the database:
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="login_email" VALUE="">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="login_password" VALUE="">
If the customer does not have a PayPal account this is a Credit Card transaction using PayPal.
<FORM ACTION="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"; METHOD="POST">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="cmd" VALUE="_ext-enter">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="redirect_cmd" VALUE="_xclick">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="business" VALUE="recipient@paypal.com">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="undefined_quantity" VALUE="1">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="item_name" VALUE="hat">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="item_number" VALUE="123">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="amount" VALUE="15.00">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="shipping" VALUE="1.00">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="shipping2" VALUE="0.50">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="first_name" VALUE="John">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="last_name" VALUE="Doe">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="credit_card_type" VALUE="MASTERCARD">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="cc_number" VALUE="12345678890123456789099090">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="expdate_month" VALUE="00">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="expdate_year" VALUE="2012">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="address1" VALUE="9 Elm Street">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="address2" VALUE="Apt 5">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="city" VALUE="Berwyn">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="state" VALUE="PA">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="zip" VALUE="19312">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="night_phone_a" VALUE="610">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="night_phone_b" VALUE="555">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="night_phone_c" VALUE="1234">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="day_phone_a" VALUE="610">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="day_phone_b" VALUE="555">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="day_phone_c" VALUE="1222">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="login_email" VALUE="">
If required field is empty - I want it highlited in bold RED. Everything is required field execpt for extra Phone Numbers and shipping.
Thanks.

admin 8/13/2003

Hi,
it sounds good to me.
Please contact me at support AT xlinesoft.com to discuss details.
Sergey Kornilov

M
MaxLm author 8/13/2003

Hi Seryey-

I found out today that PayPal had been providing this for a long time. A company name quikstore.com passes their customer info to the PayPal payment screen also.
I would like to buy your software now, but do I have to pay for this one separately to be part asprunner?
thanks,

admin 8/13/2003

Hi,
we provide minor code modifications like this for free to our registered customers.
Sergey Kornilov

M
MaxLm author 8/14/2003

Thanks Sergey-
More last questions:

1. Is there a way to format the ASPpage other than a worksheet? Is it possible to format the page similar to a form? I would like the user to only see their own information if this is a customer data, add/query/edit/delete their own info. Can I create more than 1 ASPpages to do add/edit/delete other records?
  2. I tried to do a large excel sheet and after selecting the database, it display so many weird info and cant tell what to select on the list. It also gave a sql error after I found the table and selected the fields. I just had to quit. Maybe you can try, I can send you the sample worksheet and see if you see errors and possible problems and let me know how to do it.
    thanks,

M
MaxLm author 8/14/2003

On item#1 - I dont see anything on the trial that will allow me to format the ASPpage like a form. Maybe in next version? Or support for multiple tables on a single ASP page, maybe on next version?
thanks,

admin 8/14/2003

Hi,
ASPRunner creates at list two pages for each table - list page where you see list of records in spreadsheet format and the edit page where you can see single record as a form. Is that what you asking?
Also I do not recommend to use Excel as a backend for ASP application - this is very unstable database.
Sergey Kornilov

M
MaxLm author 8/14/2003

Hello Sergey-
First, Let me say, you are great and your support is excellent.
Actually NO - What I am asking was, Multiple Tables on a single ASPPage. Then, using the ASP Listing Page, the second page (Edit/Add new Page), is it possible for the us to re arrange it cosmetically?
Now, also about Multiple Tables on a single Page, Is there a way NOT to use a List. instead, since this is a secured customer database, when the user Logs In, the user will either be redirected to his/her customer information (the second ASP Page) to edit his information or unless he/she wants to go there, user data will be part of the user session and be available anytime the user goes to buy something.
Here is how I will implement this:

• User goes to the web site www.ThisWebSite.com (At this point user can either login or not login - If the user logs in, customer data will be pass later to paypal or whatever, when the user shops.
  • User looks at items to buy
  • User puts items to shopping cart
  • User Checks out
  • User prompted to login or create an account

If new user, create an account and save data into ASPrunner access database.

user data is active once data is created and cust data will be passed to paypal page.
  • If existing user, he logs in, user data is pass to paypal page.
    How is that.
    NOTE: I have the customer asprunner access databsae normalized with referential integrity relationships. Customer Data are located in 3 Tables. But, it appears that ASP runner only support single tables and create 2 ASP Pages.
    Max