This topic is locked

Flexible Menu positioning and more of Web 2.0 UI

12/17/2009 9:52:10 AM
Suggestions
hichem author

I like using the London blue Layout and is menu is currently nicely positioned onto he left side.

However my data grids and tables have a high number of columns, so this results in a non-effective use fo the screen real estate.

I could add in my header link sin a dhtml menu but the issue is that it is not controlled by the security settings of the application (menu items should be controlled similarly to the main menu on the left through user preivileges). So would be nice to choose in the ASPR editor the place of the menu (top or left) and have a preset choice of menu types, tree, dhtml like drop down top menu, with a few settings etc..
I was thinking of something like this http://www.webtoolki...query-menu.html that could be integrated in future releases? IN general UI enhancements and Web 2.0 features. Extjs has been excluded so may be jQuery could be another option?

Apparently Microsoft might including -if not it supports it natively- JQuery in Visual Studio 2010 and ASP.NET.
I also find it quite importat for the end user to be able to choose what columns to display, group fields on the fly, have scrollable tables, resize columns (save preferences in a cookie), drag and drop from a table. I imagine there would be a great use for end users if offered the possibility to choose fields from more than one table and drag and drop these in a custom table on the fly.
PHPR/ASPR has a lot of excellent features and power under the hood, so may be the next release would have more focus on the UI and Web2.0 look and feel.

This might require adding some AJAX framework and might mean a higher price for ASPR/PHPR which could be offered as an add on module for those who want it (it's only fair if third party SW is used and licensed)?
It's Christmas so thought it's good time to post some more wishes, although I must admit that the development team have pretty much exceeded everyone's expectation for the scope of this upcoming release. so thanks for your great efforts.

admin 12/17/2009

ASPRunnerPro has this feature already.
You can right click anywhere in Visual Editor and insert the main menu. You can make horizontal, vertical or tree-like.