This topic is locked

Template update and feature dfficulties

3/14/2009 4:43:02 AM
Shopping Cart Template general questions
M
mmponline author

I bought the template pack a few weeks ago but there are some things that is just not working right or difficult to set. Some issues are listed in the forums already. Please don't see this as a complaint, rather as some suggestions to make work easier. Isn't this the reason why one buys a template. - To save time on coding.
Questions and suggestions:

1. When can we expect the update as I do believe that some (or most) of these issues will be addressed. I read somewhere that it was due already in the past week, I think. Found it:
    We'll be putting an updated version of Templates Pack to the web later this week. Posted on the 3rd in PHPRunner General forum.

2. The payment option is really frustrating. Each user has his own needs about payment options as all are not available in all countries (we don't have paypal). The members template has only Paypal as a payment option and it's nearly impossible to change the events on it - surely with my limited knowledge. It can't be de-activated or bypassed as well.

2.1 In shoppingcart admin, as far as I have it, payment types can't be de-activated. Only deleted. Then it has to be added again and all previous events and coding is lost. A selct tick box to display your specific options would be great. Once a payment option is removed (deleted) some of the events give errors as well.

2.2. If I change the name of a payment option, Eg. CHK to EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), some of the events doesn't work, as it is coded to the CHK name. 2.3 The same goes with the Paytype Full Name. Especially e-mail sending doesn't work then. The field size is also limited but that should be changable on the field properties.

2.4 E-mail sending does not send in RTF although it's setup to add body RTF messages.

3. In the shoppingcart, there is no option for sub categories, sub-sub categories. With all carts out there, this is a standard feature. I know it can be added by editing categories table and the events but it's not an easy task and should be a standard template feature.

3. New products can't be set by date for example. But this is not to difficult to achieve with a query.

4. Not sure if special prices can be added and set to last for a specific date.
Hope this info will help with future updates.