ASPRunnerPro 6.1/PPRunner 5.1 work in progress
Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:00 PM
Here are some previews of features we working on.
Cascade menu builder
Menu builder in ASPRunnerPro/PHPRunner
Depending on selected layout cascading menu appears as
tree-like vertical menu:
Create your own validation plugins and make them available in ASPRunnerPro/PHPRunner
Create validation rules based on regular expressions
New edit controls
- Time picker
- Set of checkboxes
Visual Editor improvements
Choose and edit header/footer files right in Visual Editor
- Next/Prev buttons on View/Edit pages
- sort data on the list page by several fields (CTRL+click)
Under the hood improvements
- Smart database synchronization - will speed database interaction especially if you connect using PHP method
- faster wizard navigation
- business templates (Jobs, Cars, Calendar, Shopping Cart) are fully converted to the latest version format
- faster report execution
- many minor features and improvements
Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:02 PM
Great work folks!
Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:06 AM
Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:24 AM
Once again - great thanks for everything PHP Runner has done for me! Yesterday I was desperately looking for the possibility of building cascading menu for my project, even thought of giving up using PHP runner! Then your email came through...
Žiš eruš ótrślegir!!
Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:23 PM
The cascading menu solution looks great. I have just built a prototype with this sort of functionality, but I needed a lot of custom code.
However, my worry is that moving to 5.1, will require me to 'reset pages' on visual editor which will not be feasible to redo all of the customisation. Will this be necessary.
I agree with the comment above - this is a brilliant piece of software with the exception of the visual editor which is hard to use reliably. After two years of developing with PHPRunner I have learned to take a temporary text copy of the code before I make any changes with Visual Editor.
Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:44 AM
I have a specific need and maybe you're working on it already. (If it's not there and I'm just missing it.
I sometimes have the need to set different layouts and colour schemes for different tables or views in the same project. It would be great to do this on the Choose theme pages. Eg. click on a specific page and then select another color scheme or layout. This would be specifically helpful to make administration pages different form user pages.
Will post other things as I think of it.
Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:32 AM
One thing that might be good for the next release would be to add more configuration for the charts. eg label alignment and font size etc. I think AnyChart has this functionality just needs a way of configuring it easily for a non programmer. That way people can use ASP/PHP runner for dashboard aplications as well.
Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:51 AM
(1) The fix on the Paypal Membership template to reinstate the ommitted database connectivity dialogue so that an existing SQL*server database can be selected using ODBC as opposed to having to create a new database and then transfer it onto a web server - it was acknowledged that this fix would be incoporated in a subsequent release.
(2) A remaining characters counter on text boxes to avoid users getting the technical error that when they have typed in too many characters.
(3) Check boxes validation especially on the registration screen to ensure that users have agreed to terms and conditions.
(4) The provision of a 'My Account' link so that users do not need to click through the single record on the users list page to get to their record.
(5) The option for the application navigation to be set to automatically take users back to the list view after they have added or edited a record.
Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:55 AM
1. Built-in workflow to allow through a user interface to define transition between pages with some default settings. Each transition would show the data required/expected in next page. This is especially important to control larger site navigation as once you put your hands on PHPR you won't stop liking it
2. Support for templating for each page (check Joomla CMS) so that you can map each page to a template of your choice
3. Modular template building: Provide capability to move elements of the page without coding by defining fixed areas and map modules to each screen area (again a nice feature of Joomla and other CMS systems)
4.Support for dynamic Dashboards and may be offer this as an additional module for those who want this (am sure many of us do!) Built in support for REAL TIME UPDATES please!
5.Support for embedded subqueries for more complex projects.
6.Offer a way to create custom pages that would integrate into the project in a seamless way. Users would be able to define the data to be passed to the custom page may be through a wrapper. The wrapper would make sure the new page is integrated without impacting the rest of the pages (even terms and condition, pure html or external link pages)
7.Move config data from PHP pages to a database table (page refresh rate, additional chart parameters etc)
8.Additional option for List pages, ajax Pop up tables, view and edit pages to hide empty fields (columns) which becomes necessary when you have a large number of fields that are not populated for every record (this is currently only partly possible for view page through events method)
I don't want to be too greedy so I'll keep my wish list short
oh and may be users could vote for the features in the roadmap as done before.