This topic is locked

Add Field doesn't show up in all tables

1/22/2009 8:58:53 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
aspdummy author

OK - 6 hours of trying, reading forums, scanning the help and failing - I would like to add a database field for a hyperlink, then have this show up on my web tables. So:

1. I opened my MS Access database, added a column, formatted it for text, made a few link entries as a test and left a few blank to enter later.
  2. Open ASPrunner project, get message, "Following database has changed do you want to synchronize?" click OK
  3. New fields are now shown in the ASPrunner datasource tables, click NEXT
  4. Edit SQL Query, click 'Reset Query" - all database fields show up, including my new field, "Output" box is checked for new field - as it is for all other fields, click NEXT
  5. Choose Pages - check boxes next to List, Edit, Add, Delete, View, etc...Click NEXT
  6. Chose Fields - new field name has check marks under all pages...List, Search, Advanced Search, Add, Edit, View, Printer, etc...click NEXT
  7. Field orders and totals - new field name is displayed at the top of the list on each page List, Edit, Add...etc ...click NEXT
  8. Miscellaneous - all looks OK, Click NEXT
  9. Login - OK, Click NEXT
  10. Choose theme - default OK...new field is showing up in the List table, but not Add, Edit, Search, etc
  11. Visual Editor - again new field is showing up in the List table, but not Add, Edit, Search pages, etc. I click on the Add Field icon, select the new field from the list, but nothing happens - but if I select any old field from the database, it will insert it on the page.
    Finally, I go ahead and build/publish the page - the new link shows up on the List table and works perfectly, there is also a data entry field on the 'Inline Edit' box and it works fine, but the field still never shows up on the Add or Edit pages.
    Am I doing something wrong with the procedure, or is there something additional I need to do?
    Thanks

J
Jane 1/23/2009

Hi,
It's difficult to tell you what's happening without seeing actual files.
Please publish your project on Demo Account and open a ticket at http://support.xlinesoft.com sending a URL to your pages along with instructions on reproducing this error.