This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

strange problem with login & security system

11/26/2008 7:40:16 AM
PHPRunner General questions
S
sawanr author

Hi Guys,
I have made a complete application in runner, and now client says he wants advance login & security system integrated in runner. I have done following steps so far

1. Added groupid column in admin (where user details are saved) table
  2. Added ownerid in the table where I want to implement security
  3. Created static groups and assigned rights on each of them. (created 2 groups for trail, but later want to convert this to dynamic group)
    But here is what happens:
    Login is implemented, and ownerid is also saved in the tables where data is saved, however i only see VIEW link and not edit link.
    Do you think it is because of the customization I have done in the application while building, or is it something simple which I need to check?
    btw, I have tried above steps on a test FRESH project and it worked fine, I am assuming it has something to do with the file which I need to check. Please guide.
    Thanks in advance.

S
sawanr author 11/27/2008

anyone for help pl?

J
Jane 11/27/2008

Hi,
please make sure you have set up edit permissions for selected secuirity group on the User group permissions dialog on theSecurity tab.

If it doesn't help try to reset pages on theVisual Editor tab.

S
sawanr author 11/27/2008

Hi,

please make sure you have set up edit permissions for selected secuirity group on the User group permissions dialog on theSecurity tab.

If it doesn't help try to reset pages on theVisual Editor tab.

Thanks for the response.
Tried but that did not help, check attached images.

Please see if you can spot anything wrong!!!

J
Jane 11/27/2008

Hi,
please make sure hasit user is in the quotermanager security group.

Also try to add new record and then edit it.
If it doesn't help publish your project on Demo Account, open a ticket at http://support.xlinesoft.com sending a URL to your pages.

S
sawanr author 11/29/2008

Hi,

please make sure hasit user is in the quotermanager security group.

Also try to add new record and then edit it.
If it doesn't help publish your project on Demo Account, open a ticket at http://support.xlinesoft.com sending a URL to your pages.

Hello Jane,
Not sure what you mean by demo account? Do you want me to upload it to my FTP and just send you hosting details? Do you also need .PHPR file, or all you need is .phpr file.
Sorry I am new to the forum so I am not aware of these things.
Regards,

J
Jane 12/1/2008

Hi,
Demo Account button is on the last tab in PHPRunner.

S
sawanr author 12/1/2008

Hi,

Demo Account button is on the last tab in PHPRunner.

Below is screen shot of the last tab, can't find demo account.

J
Jane 12/1/2008

Hi,
build porject and then click on the Demo Account button:

http://www.xlinesoft.com/phprunner/docs/after_you_done.htm

S
sawanr author 12/2/2008

Hi,

build porject and then click on the Demo Account button:

http://www.xlinesoft.com/phprunner/docs/after_you_done.htm

Thanks Jane,
Unfortunately, my project export is much more than limited 5 MB, do you think I can upload to another server that I have and you can access it from there?
I would appreciate if you can do that.
Thanks again.

C
chaintm 12/2/2008

try taking out your image files (not needed for demo)
also with security, while you have it set as edit in the fields , you also have to make sure those items you are trying to edit are also tagged with that user identification.
When you implement the security feature "after the fact" of a site being devoloped. Most of the time developers don't tag files with ID's from user unless they have a security system in place. What she is saying is make sure your current user is A: flagged correctly from the admin permission section. Then after this is definitly done, add a new record and test it. Also if you haven't implmented it, you probably need to make sure a field is carring the related ID of the user, I use @$SESSION["" . $strTableName."_OwnerID"] in the default value field to give ID's to my fields in a particular record. Finally I use INT to deal with this as it has less chance to fail. Thou to make that field not just a number, I also use menu selection with ajax to allow the field value number to call the name tied to that data showing employee name and not number. Works great! if you need help in any of the above I would be happy to show my code. If you have done all of this, then publish and they can look at it for you.
Noel B.

J
Jane 12/2/2008

Please zip and send a ful set of generated files, your project file along with your database creation script or database dump to support@xlinesoft.com for investigation.

S
sawanr author 12/2/2008

Please zip and send a ful set of generated files, your project file along with your database creation script or database dump to support@xlinesoft.com for investigation.

emailed...

rbh 2/2/2009

Seem to have same problem. Using dynamic permission. If I use option "user can see and edit others data" everthing is ok, edit link is shown, otherwise edit link is missing. Users belonging to Admin and default users both don't get visable edit link when using option "Users can see and edit their own data only" and "Users can see other users data, can edit their own data only"
Is there an bug or not?

J
Jane 2/3/2009

It's difficult to tell you what's happening without seeing actual files.
Please zip a ful set of generated files, your project file along with your database creation script or database dump and open a ticket at http://support.xlinesoft.com sending your files with instructions on reproducing this error.