stefansuba author

Hi All ,

I have this table structure :
Type/ Description / KeyWords

WI / Premier 200B one/ 200B Premier assembly

WI / Premier 200B two/ 200B Premier assembly

WI / Premier 100/ 100 assembly

WI / Premier 800 / 800 Premier assembly
When I do a search in "Any filed" "Contains" Premier the result shows multiples entries as it should.
Type/ Description / KeyWords/

WI/ Premier 200B one / 200B Premier assembly

WI / Premier 200B two / 200B Premier assembly

WI / Premier 100 / 100 assembly

WI / Premier 800 / 800 Premier assembly
When I do a search in "Any filed" "Contains" Premier 200B or %premier% %200Bthe result shows as expected:
Type / Description/ KeyWords

WI / Premier 200B one / 200B Premier assembly

WI / Premier 200B two / 200B Premier assembly
When I do a search in "Any filed" "Contains" %200B% %premier% shows only
Type / Description / KeyWords

WI / Premier 200B one / 200B Premier assembly
When I do a search in "Any filed" "Contains" 200B premier shows nothing

Type [b] / Description / KeyWords/[/b]

---- / ---------- / --------/

Can someone explain it to me why or what I am doing wrong. Can I do something that the app will not care about the order of the words in the "search any" filed?

This entire application was build to search the db based on key words and display the results.
Thanks

Stefan

S
stefansuba author 12/17/2018

Sergey, is this an expected behavior or is something wrong with the search engine?

admin 12/18/2018

I'm testing this in version 10 and it works as expected. Do not add any percent signs and words can be listed in any order. It just works.

S
stefansuba author 12/19/2018

I'm testing this in version 10 and it works as expected. Do not add any percent signs and words can be listed in any order. It just works.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this is still not work for me. Here is the scenario (Using your example):
Try to search Kirchgasse and 6 (it will return all records with the ship Addresses Kirchgasse 6)

then

Try to search 6 and Kirchgasse(I am expecting to have zero returns)
If the words are in the same column and different orderit will not work or different order and the third wordin a different column e.g. 6 and Kirchgasse and ERNSH. Is this the normal behavior ? Can we change it ?
Thx

admin 12/19/2018

You do not need to add "and" to search queries, it works this way by default and maybe this what breaks your search.
Otherwise I'm still not seeing anything wrong and without seeing your data it is hard to tell something more specific. If you need more help you need to contact support directly.