This topic is locked

Copy/default over field value in detail table record

12/14/2018 4:15:48 AM
PHPRunner General questions
woodey2002 author

Hi Guys,
In a detail tables list page I have a field setup as lookup list page with search.
In this field, users can in a very cool way select multiple values. (Thanks to PhpRunner once again)
I was wondering if there is easy way when the user inline adds a record to the detail table, to default/copy over the content from the previous records lookup list page with search field (if one exists that is) therefore saving the need for the users to select all the values again for that specific master-detail relationship.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
https://imgur.com/a/slZIrTG
Thanks,

J

admin 12/14/2018
woodey2002 author 12/14/2018

Wow Just what I was always looking for! In Runner there is always a way! Thanks.
Only two small areas I'm trying to get my head around now though
Student is my master table where I store student details, Interventions is the detail table where I store data on exams taken.
When adding a new student record (master), the detail table is presented to the user in the master add page via a detail table listpage, I can only find a way to use inline add at this stage if the users decide to add some detail records before saving the master.
The event never triggers, therefore should I look at some Javascript to copy the values at this stage in the inline add phase?
Secondly can I make the data copy over to a specific student and not just copy the last value, I'm trying to only copy the the last value recorded for that specific student, should I look at factoring in the master_id somehow?
Thanks Again,

J