This topic is locked

Designer changes often not sticking

12/13/2018 12:11:27 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
AlphaBase author

This is quite annoying. For example. While editing an "add" form, I remove a bunch of fields and a section, move a few things around, save the project and click "Build". The changes don't appear in the designer. If I move to a new table and back again, the changes are gone. If I close the program and reopen, the changes are not there - even though I had saved the project right after making the design changes.
Seems like a serious fundamental bug. Or am I doing something wrong?
Similarly, I've removed the delete button any number of times form a list or form, and it subsequently keeps coming back no matter what I do. The only thing that works is unchecking the delete option under "Pages". But I want the delete button in one place, just not in others.
This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen frequently.

J
jevobz 12/14/2018

This is quite annoying. For example. While editing an "add" form, I remove a bunch of fields and a section, move a few things around, save the project and click "Build". The changes don't appear in the designer. If I move to a new table and back again, the changes are gone. If I close the program and reopen, the changes are not there - even though I had saved the project right after making the design changes.
Seems like a serious fundamental bug. Or am I doing something wrong?
Similarly, I've removed the delete button any number of times form a list or form, and it subsequently keeps coming back no matter what I do. The only thing that works is unchecking the delete option under "Pages". But I want the delete button in one place, just not in others.
This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen frequently.

You have to update to the latest version. That annoying bug introduced in October 2018 and was fixed approx. month ago. In fact only changes made before first upload were saved.

There are stil multiple issues with the Runner, but now it is quite stable - I have spent entire weekend in constant building and uploading.
My version is most recent x64 (btw, not every update is announced in change log). I also recommend keeping downloaded distributions, because there is no archive and sometimes you have to wait few weeks before things will be fixed.

A
AlphaBase author 12/14/2018

Thank you for sharing your insights. Yesterday I did upgrade to the latest version. I did keep a copy of the original version that I just purchased as well. I will follow your suggestion.

You have to update to the latest version. That annoying bug introduced in October 2018 and was fixed approx. month ago. In fact only changes made before first upload were saved.

There are stil multiple issues with the Runner, but now it is quite stable - I have spent entire weekend in constant building and uploading.
My version is most recent x64 (btw, not every update is announced in change log). I also recommend keeping downloaded distributions, because there is no archive and sometimes you have to wait few weeks before things will be fixed.