This topic is locked

Change Tab Order & Focus

12/11/2018 1:39:46 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
AlphaBase author
  1. How do I change the tab order in a dashboard shown below?
    In this case I want "Bill Time" to appear before "WO Items"

2. In the Master-Detail grids below, the tabs are in the correct order, but how do I make it put focus on "Bill Time" when the user clicks on the icon? Currently it puts focus on "WO Items".

admin 12/11/2018

Would it be possible to see full size screenshots or better yet the whole app on Demo Account?
Normally you change the order of details tables in Page Designer by simply dragging them in details tables area.

A
AlphaBase author 12/11/2018

It has sensitive info, so I can't really share it. But maybe these screen shots will help:
Two Issues:

1) Dashboard with 2 child grids. I want to reverse the tab order of the two grids in the dashboard.

2) Master Detail grids - When I click on the hamburger icon, it puts focus on the "WO Items" grid. I want it to put focus on the "Bill Time" grid.

Hope that helps.
Thanks

admin 12/12/2018

In regards to #1 - there is an 'Initial tab' dropdown on dashboard setup screen, use it.
In regards to #2 - did you see my reply from yesterday in regards to changing order by drag and drop?

A
AlphaBase author 12/12/2018

Hello, yes, thank you. I did see your response previously which is why I included "design" screenshots of both issues.
In #1, as you can see from the screen shot, the "Bill Time" grid is selected as the "initial tab" already. And when you open the dashboard it opens that tab. But I want that tab to be first, not second. So making it be initial does not change the tab order (but it does put focus there, which is good, but doesn't solve the problem)
Anyway, later I'll be adding more tabs, so I hope I can control the order they appear in?
Regarding #2, the tab order is already correct. That's not the issue. What's happening is when i click on the hamburger icon it puts focus on the 2nd tab, not the 1st. That's the problem.
Thanks again.

admin 12/13/2018

I see what you saying.

1 - this is something that we need to implement. In versions before 10 we had a separate 'Details tables order' functionality where you could rearrange tables and it were applied to both dashboards and master-details. Now we let users re-order details tables on list page in a visual way but dashboards are left behind.

2 - this is a bug and we will fix it quickly. It should always select the first tab initially.

A
AlphaBase author 12/13/2018

I see what you saying.

1 - this is something that we need to implement. In versions before 10 we had a separate 'Details tables order' functionality where you could rearrange tables and it were applied to both dashboards and master-details. Now we let users re-order details tables on list page in a visual way but dashboards are left behind.

2 - this is a bug and we will fix it quickly. It should always select the first tab initially.

Thanks for you response. Look forward to both fixes.