Dashboard Display Problems

12/7/2018 6:16:03 AM
PHPRunner General questions
P
peter.sabourn@ait.co.uk author

I have 2 dashboard display problems ( v10 - Build 31973 x64 ):
See

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tTozjet25968nutWSw49Fp3PNLSSBqpg

1. Lists are showing with the column title preceding the data eg. Report ID TEST1 should just show TEST1 and works correctly when viewing the list directly.
  2. Reducing the display width of a graph causes the graph element to display to one side of the window ( with a scroll bar ). See Reports & Charts element. Tried setting the align property on the cell ( in Page Designer ) to left but this has no effect.
    Can anyone offer any assistance on these ?
    Thanks

HJB 12/9/2018

To 1) Generally, to automatic numbering of ID (on additions) to happen, such ID field format needs to read "number", not "varchar"

To 2) LAYOUT per page object (tables or charts) is named STANDARD, say, standard is a good compromise on viewing issues in general, yet if unsatisfying like in your case, you should first change from the default STANDARD to FULL layout, per each page object, please, rather than to gamble with alignments or so. FULL layout setting is forcing the object to display in full and in case. This should help to solve the problem. I cannot verify it as I needed to re-install my OS recently, with PHPR not yet freshly installed. Hence I cannot verify too whether or not the DASHBOARD frame owns wished options inside the PAGE DESIGNER as well.

P
peter.sabourn@ait.co.uk author 12/10/2018

To 1) Generally, to automatic numbering of ID (on additions) to happen, such ID field format needs to read "number", not "varchar"

To 2) LAYOUT per page object (tables or charts) is named STANDARD, say, standard is a good compromise on viewing issues in general, yet if unsatisfying like in your case, you should first change from the default STANDARD to FULL layout, per each page object, please, rather than to gamble with alignments or so. FULL layout setting is forcing the object to display in full and in case. This should help to solve the problem. I cannot verify it as I needed to re-install my OS recently, with PHPR not yet freshly installed. Hence I cannot verify too whether or not the DASHBOARD frame owns wished options inside the PAGE DESIGNER as well.

Hi
I think you misread that first one. The problem is that the data in every column is prefixed with the column title but only when displayed in a dashboard - nothing to do with automatic numbering.
Changing between standard and full body width have no effect on the other issue.

HJB 12/10/2018

Nota bene: A correctly configured ID field by field format NUMBER cannot hold TEXT at all, it's technically not possible,

in other words, when at least me is seeing TEXT "Report ..." in your screenshot in column one, I bet a six pack of coke

that something is fishy here ..., in regard to field formatting issue of ID (usually under auto-allocation of added records).

admin 12/10/2018

I would suggest to post your project to Demo Account and contact support directly. Not enough info to answer this.