This topic is locked

Adding a search panel to "List Page with search"

10/19/2018 1:35:27 PM
PHPRunner General questions
D
darkstar author

I am having trouble with adding a search panel to lookup wizards's "List page with search". My target is to allow user to make more specific search rather than making general overall search. Its said here https://xlinesoft.com/phprunner/docs/lookup_wizard.htm that its possible to change the appearance of the lookup table in the visual editor. I am using phprunner 10. Thanks in advance.

gehrenfeld 10/20/2018

I am having the same problem, but here are things that I found out and so far I have made the search process better.

1. You can go to the fields section of your tables and click on the Search and Filter settings at the top left. Once there, you can select what shows in each search panel. If you click on the options button for each field, you can set what options you want to show.
  2. You can go to the Designer section of your tables and on the List page section you can click on the search_panel button and select Display Always. That will display the search panel next to your listings. Or if you want, click on the wheel icon on the list page under the simple_search button, then click on the Advanced search and then display it as always and that will show the Advanced search panel on your list page.
  3. I was not happy with the looks of the above two methods, so what I ending up doing was:

a. Added a relationship between my tables (exp - I have a table named recipes and a table named meal_type. I set the the meal_type.type to recipe.meal_type.

b. Made a view of the meal_type table and set it as a list page only. unchecked the ID field in the meal_type table so it would not show.

c. Added that view to my menu.

d. Then when you build your project and click on that view it list all the meal_tvpes and how many recipes each type has. Then when you click on the type it list all the recipes you can view.
    I hope that helps some. Number 3 is hard to explain, but if you mess around with my concept you should be able to figure out how I did. it. I found that worked best for me. But maybe you like the other ways.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks

Gary