[SOLVED]

Runner 9.7

10/4/2018 6:47:04 PM
PHPRunner General questions
A
Athlon author

Hi,

Stumped so far,
I have a message table with 2 other views made from it, received and sent - all is good they only see their own information using the advanced security.
I have created a copy of the received view and straight away, all records are visible to all. its identical in every way.

I have looked into the advanced setting and they are set as the received.
Tried whereadd and various approaches etc but always get a syntax error when it runs, even tho it looks fine to me.
Does anybody know what is happening? Does the advanced security not work as I think on copied views?

lefty 10/4/2018

Did you go to admin area and assign the correct permissions to each group on the new view ? Advanced security will require this on the website admin area and database after making a new view. Make sure admin box is not checked for your user groups except admin.

A
Athlon author 10/5/2018

Thanks for that, I have a lot of experience with runner but this just goes to show you. You were spot on ! Can't believe I missed it.. been looking at it for hours. Oddly on all other tables and there are 100's this is the only 1 that has enabled Admin access by default.