This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Metrics in text field

9/16/2018 9:31:07 AM
PHPRunner General questions
K
kegler author

Could find anyone asking about this
Is that any easy way to add metrics like °C or km or cm into the textfield?
i.e. when user input in a textfield the metrics automatically appear or it could be static always at the right side corner of the textfield
Thanks

M
Mark Kramer 9/17/2018

This produces static text.
"Insert text" in editor pre 10.0
"Insert code snippet" placed accordingly (on designer page) 10.0 and above.

admin 9/17/2018

If you want it static use tooltip or insert "Code snippet" next to the input field.
You can also do something with Javascript to add those metrics dynamically once user starts typing but that is more complicated and also it will save your data like this in the database which is probably not what you looking for.

K
kegler author 9/17/2018

If you want it static use tooltip or insert "Code snippet" next to the input field.
You can also do something with Javascript to add those metrics dynamically once user starts typing but that is more complicated and also it will save your data like this in the database which is probably not what you looking for.

Hi
Yes, im want something static, but sometimes i need to capture it in the database as some fields do not have standard metric i.e. 12/pack or 24/box

Im still using 9.8(being skeptical), I installed v10 on another pc to test out the new designer function. i noticed the HTML editor doesn't seems to function "well" i think its not a bug just imcomplete
In the usual html case i could add something like

behind a textfield which would give us the metrics 'lb' in the textfield

I tried fiddle around in the html editior but just could not achieve the same result
Are we expecting more features in the v10.x ? Any idea when we will have that?

Thanks

admin 9/17/2018

You already have "that". You can add a tooltip, you can add static HTML code and you can do something using Javascript.
Also Page Designer is not an HTML Editor. It doesn't work with HTML at all.

K
kegler author 9/20/2018

code snippet is ok but tooltip no longer editable by double clicking

isit a bug?

admin 9/20/2018

Everything is editable in Page Designer on the right side panel, including the tooltip.