This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

MVCFunctions List

9/10/2018 2:28:26 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
J
jetsguy author

I would love to find a definitive list of available MVCFunctions. I am seeing functions like concat and runner_htmlspecialchars but no documentation of these. Maybe I am missing where these are documented? Thanks for any help.

jadachDevClub member 9/10/2018

What kind of things are you trying to do?

admin 9/10/2018

You can use any C# code in your events. Spending time to figure out a list of undocumented MVCFunctions is really counterproductive.

J
jetsguy author 9/11/2018

You can use any C# code in your events. Spending time to figure out a list of undocumented MVCFunctions is really counterproductive.

I see these functions listed in the documentation as examples of how to do things and I am wondering where they are coming from:

for example.
Specifically I am trying to obtain the URL of a form/table from a snippet on a list page and I seem not to be able. Any help?
MVCFunctions.GetTableLink

MVCFunctions.Concat

MVCFunctions.HeaderRedirect
Then there are the CommonFunctions: for example.
CommonFunctions.AddFieldWrappers

CommonFunctions.db_addslashes

CommonFunctions.GetTableURL

admin 9/11/2018

Eric,
you are wasting your time here.
Some of these functions were created for compatibility purposes with PHPRunner and ASPRunnerPro, we needed to have functions with the same names across all three software products. This applies to functions like Concat and HeaderRedirect, you should just use built-in C# functionality.
Other functions are obsolete and we updating the manual as we speak. Instead of bulky functions like GetTableLink or AddFieldWrappers you should just use the actual URL of the page or add wrappers to table/field names manually.
db_addslashes is no longer needed as PrepareSQL or Database API takes care of this:

https://xlinesoft.com/asprunnernet/docs/db_preparesql.htm

https://xlinesoft.com/asprunnernet/docs/about_database_api.htm
Don't chase undocumented functions.