This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Waiting 2-5 seconds when click on "Next >>" or "<<Back"

9/5/2018 12:59:04 PM
PHPRunner General questions
R
researcher author

I am looking for a good software like yours for a job in end of year.

Phprunner 10 v31401 seems perfect for it. It seems good and robust.

I have a question.
When clicking on "Next >>", "<<Back", or directly on 1 of the 10 menus, I have to wait 2-5 seconds.

I loose much time with this delay, it is unpleasant if you work all the day on phprunner.
Under phprunner 9.8, it was instantaneous.
I understand you added graphics improvements in version 10, and it is very useful.

I saw that you save at every click in Documents\PHPRunnerProjects\nameofproject\tmp\subversion a file named "PAGES.sqlite", 10 times greater (244 Ko) that the others .sqlite (20 Ko), and that seems slow down.
If I click 5 times on "Next>>" from "Tables" to "Security", and I do not change anything, I have seen that "PAGES.sqlite" is written 5 times, and it seems to me that it takes this time.

I have tried a project with a little mysql database, 2 fields, 1 record ==> same problem.
I am trying last version of phprunner, 31401, same problem with 31366
My Pc is a fast one, under windows 10 pro 1803 64 bits and 16 Go of ram.

I do not think it is the reason, because I noticed also that if I delete "Documents\PHPRunnerProjects\nameofproject\subversion\Pages.sqlite" (pay attention, new directory, not "Documents\PHPRunnerProjects\nameofproject\tmp\subversion"), and I run phprunner, the click is instantaneous, but the screen "designer" is blank. If I restore Pages.sqlite, as usual.
Thank you if anybody can help me and also tell me if the problem is general or only mine ?

Is it a problem of sqlite3 or node.exe or phprunner ?
How would it be possible to improve this delay of 2-5 seconds ?
Best regards and thank you for your work on this beautiful phprunner 10.

H
headingwest 9/5/2018

When clicking on "Next >>", "<<Back", or directly on 1 of the 10 menus, I have to wait 2-5 seconds.

I loose much time with this delay, it is unpleasant if you work all the day on phprunner.
Under phprunner 9.8, it was instantaneous.
How would it be possible to improve this delay of 2-5 seconds ?
Best regards and thank you for your work on this beautiful phprunner 10.

I get the same, but also had it sometimes with 9.8
Maybe it's accessing the database and this is a delay? Or checking the licence?? Is there a way to monitor internet access from PHPR to see if this is what's happening??

admin 9/6/2018

You need to export your project (Project->Export project) and send it to support team via https://xlinesoft.com/dss/support.asp. This should not be happening.

admin 9/7/2018

I guess you need a better computer. Here is project running on my 5 years old notebook:

https://www.screencast.com/t/RtpcmhEnoL
Switching between pages is not instant but on most pages is under one second.

jadachDevClub member 9/7/2018

My computer is a little newer than Admin's, but the speed is the same. No problem moving from tab to tab.

R
researcher author 9/10/2018

I guess you need a better computer. Here is project running on my 5 years old notebook:

https://www.screencast.com/t/RtpcmhEnoL
Switching between pages is not instant but on most pages is under one second.

Dear Sergey,
thank you for your answer.

You answered so fast, and also with a video !
I tested my Pc.

My project was saved on a classical Western Digital 2To 7200 RPM.
I saved it today on a SSD, and now, I am fast than you !!! (1 second)

I thank you very much for your answer.
Your ability and talent are amazing.
Best regards and long life to your phprunner.