This topic is locked

Version 10 -- is it ready for prime time yet?

8/29/2018 7:04:53 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
Pete K author

I've been following developments with 10 and as expected with any major new version, I've noted many maintenance releases addressing bugs. I would like to delve in, but don't want to use it for a major project until it's solid enough not to have to worry about bugs or unexpected behavior. I'm wondering if anyone has yet deployed a major app on 10 and if so what has your experience been? Besides bugs, I'm interested in hearing about general experience with using the new features, backward compatibility, etc.

S
stevehodges 8/29/2018

Right now I am testing and having issues with two-factor authentication is not working.

jadachDevClub member 8/29/2018

The new version 10 is extremely promising going forward. However, since this is such a major change, I am taking my time with it, working through some test projects. Definitely becoming more stable with every update. Personally, I am so very satisfied with 9.8, I am in no big rush.
Being that the support is top notch here, I would say, go for it if you want to start a project with v10. If you run into an issue, I am confident it will be addressed quickly.

jadachDevClub member 9/22/2018

Well, I am finally using v10 build 31587 for a new "real" project. So far, I LOVE it - no issues. I can now finally spend some time on my forms to make them look pretty much exactly how I want them to. I can clearly see the direction Xlinesoft is going here. This is a truly exceptional product and can't wait to see how 10.1, 10.2, 11.0 etc. goes.
So my advice is, it is ready!!

Pete K author 9/25/2018

Thanks Jerry! I'm excited as well. I'm going to finish up my current project in 9.8 since I'm well into it. Then I'll start working in 10.

I
i.NoLim 9/25/2018

Right now I am testing and having issues with two-factor authentication is not working.

I'm having issues with this as well. I'm not able to log into projects that were created in 9.8.

jadachDevClub member 9/26/2018

I'm having issues with this as well. I'm not able to log into projects that were created in 9.8.

You should reach out to support. I did not have that problem migrating from 9.8 to 10.

Dalkeith 9/27/2018

Jadach - thank you for posting that it is ready - useful to get a different verification

T
Tim 9/27/2018

Hey guys,
I have now created 2, very small, projects from scratch in version 10 and it has gone well. I think I'm going to like this new version a lot, but, I must say, it takes some getting used to. Mostly just because things are in different places (what?, no totals page?!), but once you get the idea (a lot of things are now done on the designer page) it seems pretty intuitive.
Next I'll try to upgrade an existed project. Very interested to see how that goes. But, onward and upward. I love how this product just keeps getting better!
Thanks,

Tim