This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Version 10 Designer

8/20/2018 9:10:41 AM
PHPRunner General questions
J
jaffleck author

I have been trying to use this new feature in the Designer - clicking the + icon and defining a new window for a table. However I do not see the resulting .php file getting generated when I do a build. How do I access this window in the resulting application?
BTW - I like the new designer very much. Keep up the great work. (Any thoughts of building PHPRunner in php at some point? It would be great to be able to run the app in a Linux environment!)

J
jmartin17 8/20/2018

As far as I know there is no problem running PHPRunner apps on Linux. I have a project NextCloud Box that is running a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)install on ubuntu 1604LTS Linux server. I generate PHP MySQL apps without a problem. The PHP Programs that are generated are Located in the folder you specify on the Output Directory screen where you also select full build to test application you also select Built-in Web Server. After the full build click on view in a browser.

J
jaffleck author 8/20/2018

As far as I know there is no problem running PHPRunner apps on Linux. I have a project NextCloud Box that is running a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)install on ubuntu 1604LTS Linux server. I generate PHP MySQL apps without a problem. The PHP Programs that are generated are Located in the folder you specify on the Output Directory screen where you also select full build to test application you also select Built-in Web Server. After the full build click on view in a browser.

Regarding Linux: I'm referring to the PHPRunner itself, not the applications it generates.... I dropped Windows a couple of years ago. The ONLY thing I continue to use it for is PHPRunner. It would be oh so sweet if the PHPRunner application itself was completely web-based, but that may not be a reasonable expectation.....
I don't see the additional page being generated in the output folder, even when doing a full build. That's where I expected to see it, but it's not there. Anybody else been able to get this to work?

admin 8/21/2018

@JimA,
there is no new .php to be generated, it is just a new HTML template to display the same list page.
Simply choose that new page as a "default page", build your app, run it in the web browser and you will see it there.

J
jaffleck author 8/21/2018

@JimA,
there is no new .php to be generated, it is just a new HTML template to display the same list page.
Simply choose that new page as a "default page", build your app, run it in the web browser and you will see it there.

OK. I see that. However, this just replaces the standard EDIT page. I was hoping it would create an additional page. Am I still missing something here?

admin 8/21/2018

It does create a new page, you now have two Edit pages. The question is how do you want to invoke first one and how do you want to invoke second one?

J
jaffleck author 8/21/2018

It does create a new page, you now have two Edit pages. The question is how do you want to invoke first one and how do you want to invoke second one?

The original edit page will be accessed as usual. The second one I would like to navigate to from a custom button and display it as a popup window, if possible.

admin 8/21/2018

The easiest option is to create a copy of Edit button in Visual Editor, set "page" property to the second edit page and choose it to open in popup as well.
If you want to use a custom button for this purpose you can figure out new edit page URL first which will look something like this:

categories_edit.php?page=edit1&editid1=6

Here "edit1" is the name of the second Edit page and "6" is the record ID.

J
jaffleck author 8/22/2018

The easiest option is to create a copy of Edit button in Visual Editor, set "page" property to the second edit page and choose it to open in popup as well.
If you want to use a custom button for this purpose you can figure out new edit page URL first which will look something like this:

categories_edit.php?page=edit1&editid1=6

Here "edit1" is the name of the second Edit page and "6" is the record ID.

Ah! Now I see how this works. Thanks. One more question: How can I tell in the edit page events, which edit page is being displayed?

admin 8/22/2018

You can do that based on "page" parameter in the URL.