This topic is locked

Report Parameters

8/9/2018 12:13:07 PM
PHPRunner General questions
R
RockyMtnHi author

I need to have reports that have (ideally) pre-defined parameters like start date, end date and tags. I'd need to set the default values for each of the parameters differently for each report.
In the documentation I see the section "Creating report and setting parameters" but it doesn't touch on this, and I can't find it anywhere else in the documentation, or by searching the forum where this is discussed.
Is it possible?
Thanks in advance for the help.

lefty 8/10/2018

I guess there are different options to accomplish this but what I have done similar is to .

1. In the group part of the report make start date your 1st data series.
  2. Then add your other fields that need to be grouped.
  3. Double click date field in editor and click the box above ( use different settings for all pages) .
  4. Then click filter as : Click Interval List , Then click wizard or click + sign and setup your own expressions for dates. This is where you can setup up your different date parameters .
  5. This way , you only need one report , unless there are different security levels.

Never did this in a report but ; used same method as a list page and user was able to print a report like structure , with in between dates.
    You can also add in advanced search in editor on search option , make default search "Between" and send user to that page first , before displaying report.
    Just Note : always list the build and version you are using in your posts .