This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Can't connect to database any more with phprunner.php

7/29/2018 5:00:42 PM
PHPRunner General questions
S
shoppy author

Since a few weeks I can't connect to my database(s) any more through phprunner.php.

I asked my hosting party if they changed something but they say they didn't.
When I try to connect to my database(s) in the normal way (I use phprunner since 2005) with phprunner.php I get:

Error connecting to the database

Http Code 0

Http Status 'Unknown code'

Unable to connect to database

When I connect directly to to the database (not with phprunner.php) it works but when I upload the project to the server I get this error:

Fatal error: Access denied for user 'blahblah_me'@'myserver.nl' (using password: YES) in /home/blahblah/connections/Connection.php on line 642
I then have to manually change everything back to localhost in ConnectionManager.php and then it works,
So this is a problem.
Anyone knows the answer?
John

admin 7/30/2018

I guess your web host changed something so connection via phprunner.php no longer works. Hard to tell without having all connection details.
What you can do is to use a direct connection to MySQL server and create a new server database connection on "Output directory" screen where you can use "localhost" as server address.

S
shoppy author 8/1/2018

I guess your web host changed something so connection via phprunner.php no longer works. Hard to tell without having all connection details.
What you can do is to use a direct connection to MySQL server and create a new server database connection on "Output directory" screen where you can use "localhost" as server address.

I'd tried that but also that doesn't work.

I now manually change the ConnectionManager.php after every uloadd.
My hostingparty says the changed nothing.

admin 8/1/2018

This is not possible that your web host didn't change anything and suddenly connection via phprunner.php stopped working.
This is also not possible that you created a new Server Database Connection and it is not applied to generated code. You either not selecting this connection before the build or not uploading all files.

S
shoppy author 8/1/2018

This is not possible that your web host didn't change anything and suddenly connection via phprunner.php stopped working.
This is also not possible that you created a new Server Database Connection and it is not applied to generated code. You either not selecting this connection before the build or not uploading all files.

I also think they changed something.
I choose the new Database connection (localhost) and did a full build (normally I don't) and then I uploaded all the files instead of just the changed ones I normally do.

And ...? Acces denied because it uses the default connection and not the one I choose. Sorry but its true.

S
shoppy author 8/17/2018

The hostingparty said the upgrade TLS 1.0 to TLS 1.3.
That's the only thing they changed.

P
phpminer 8/17/2018

The hostingparty said the upgrade TLS 1.0 to TLS 1.3.
That's the only thing they changed.

Sounds like a security configuration on your hosting provider is preventing your MySQL client from connecting through a domain name - dns resolution error.
Your hosting provider would have to resolve the name resolution error, if connecting through a domain name (or IP directly possibly) is something you absolutely have to do.