This topic is locked

Using Composer

7/22/2018 12:28:35 AM
PHPRunner General questions
H
headingwest author

Hello,
Does anyone have a step-by-step on using composer with PHP Runner. I've tried a couple of times but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks.

HJB 7/24/2018

Hello,
Does anyone have a step-by-step on using composer with PHP Runner. I've tried a couple of times but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks.

It is my understanding that COMPOSER is to serve to provide ONE up-to-date pool of autoloaded and updated resources via composer.json configuration file to then load packages (from PACKAGIST) to enable SEVERAL developers to program and complete the project. PHPRunner is usually working with only ONE project developer who is using the PHPRunner built-in features and at least to me, I would say, anything which could be done via COMPOSER/PACKAGIST can be done as well via PHPRunner, with strong focus event programming here to walk on very same eye level with COMPOSER/PACKAGIST philosophy here. In other words, unless you need specials which you only can cover via COMPOSER/PACKAGIST and which could not be done via PHPRunner, it would be worth a trial to at least start to think on how the bundle both code generation tools then. You certainly ran a web search and found, there is NO "step-by-step" tutorial on how to implement wished things into PHPRunner and this is certainly due to the fact that no one is seeing the need to somehow "improve" PHPR as it is already the best RAD tool since years now and provides true tons to realize even complex issues.

H
headingwest author 7/25/2018

Hi Walk2Fly,
I use it to autoload 3rd party API's. EG: Stripe payments or Xero accounting.

HJB 7/26/2018

Hi Walk2Fly,
I use it to autoload 3rd party API's. EG: Stripe payments or Xero accounting.

https://github.com/calcinai/xero-php/blob/master/examples/config-test.php
It's my understanding that Xero and else paid services need to be dedicated to very same URL like the PHPR app

once wanting to combine everything under one roof and to give the paid Xero license a firm home.