This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Edit Page Event Doesn't Execute In Dashboard

7/20/2018 9:56:34 PM
PHPRunner General questions
R
RockyMtnHi author

The TableName > Edit Page > After Record Updated event executes fine on the edit page of that table, but it fails when I use the edit form in the dashboard. Is there something I need to enable in order to make sure this event is triggered when in the dashboard?
Thanks for the help.

lefty 7/21/2018

The TableName > Edit Page > After Record Updated event executes fine on the edit page of that table, but it fails when I use the edit form in the dashboard. Is there something I need to enable in order to make sure this event is triggered when in the dashboard?
Thanks for the help.

Make sure after you add table to dashboard , you click settings and then click edit checkbox and if any master details are also setup , make sure permissions are set correctly for the main table .

R
RockyMtnHi author 7/21/2018

The master details are setup correctly and we have been using it for months. These are the settings of the detail table that I'm editing. Basically, when I set a date completed of the detail table I need to send email notifications and they aren't going out when editing in the dashboard. I tried checking the Update Selected checkbox but that didn't help.

Here are the Master Detail settings:

R
RockyMtnHi author 7/21/2018

I found the problem. I tested the table individually and the event was triggered, but in the dashboard I used a vew and not the table directly. When I put the code into the event of the view it worked.
Thanks for the help again John.