This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

User can see and edit their own data only:

7/12/2018 11:52:46 AM
PHPRunner General questions
K
kouba author

Hi,
I am a bit confused how to put together these advanced security parameter: User can see and edit their own data only and group permission. My database is kind of consolidated (or centralized) data from different levels (Country --> city --> hub, ...).

I will have couple users per country, and I want to allow user of a given country be able to see/edit data of this same country. I have databased- based login system. This is how am doing: adding join statement in sql level and go up to country level to compare country_code (country table) and user_country_code (user table), and apply this to every (add, edit, view) tables under country level. but I feel it rises the complexity and can add some page load time. I thought I would be easier to combine group Permission and "User can see and edit their own data only" features. any advice would be welcome.
Thanks

admin 7/12/2018

Advanced Security and User Group Permissions are two two different and independents settings.
Advanced Security restricts access to certain records in any given database table. User Group Permissions restrict access to certain tables or to actions users can perform.
So yes, you can use Advanced Security and User Group Permissions together but I don't think it answers your question.

K
kouba author 7/19/2018

Advanced Security and User Group Permissions are two two different and independents settings.
Advanced Security restricts access to certain records in any given database table. User Group Permissions restrict access to certain tables or to actions users can perform.
So yes, you can use Advanced Security and User Group Permissions together but I don't think it answers your question.

Thank you for the clarification.