This topic is locked

Hosting problem with ADOConnection.php

7/12/2018 8:37:29 AM
PHPRunner General questions
John Rotella author

Two days ago my hosting company did something to their server which caused PHPRunner to fail. They seem to be able to "fix" it temporarily then it fails again. Before this it ran flawlessly for 18 months. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be, or can I fix it in PHPRunner?

admin 7/12/2018

I don't want this to sound condescending but ... I guess it will. We are all computer professionals and should at the very least Google the error message before doing anything else. The complete error message won't help because it points to specific path on your server. So we take the generic part of error message "fatal error class 'com' not found" and the very first result provides a solution:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10678325/class-com-not-found

From PHP 5.4.5, COM and DOTNET is no longer built into the php core.you have to add COM support in php.ini:
[COM_DOT_NET]

extension=php_com_dotnet.dll

Otherwise you will see this in your error log: Fatal error: Class 'COM' not found
The extension is included with php 5.4.5 for Windows.

Most likely your hosting provider upgraded PHP and didn't specify all required extensions in php.ini

John Rotella author 7/13/2018

I don't want this to sound condescending but ... I guess it will. We are all computer professionals and should at the very least Google the error message before doing anything else. The complete error message won't help because it points to specific path on your server. So we take the generic part of error message "fatal error class 'com' not found" and the very first result provides a solution:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10678325/class-com-not-found

From PHP 5.4.5, COM and DOTNET is no longer built into the php core.you have to add COM support in php.ini:
[COM_DOT_NET]

extension=php_com_dotnet.dll

Otherwise you will see this in your error log: Fatal error: Class 'COM' not found
The extension is included with php 5.4.5 for Windows.

Most likely your hosting provider upgraded PHP and didn't specify all required extensions in php.ini

OK thanks, I am not as educated as most, that is why I asked for help. The bottom line answer is what I need to relate to them. Thank you.