This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Version 10 Function - RC Build 30805

6/22/2018 9:59:52 AM
PHPRunner General questions
J
John author

In your October 2017 xlinesoft.com/blog message about v10 you mentioned the following:
"
[font=Calibri]This will be useful in many scenarios. For instance you need to display a button on the list page but don't need to see it when the same list page is shown in dashboard. Or you need to design different list pages with different set of columns for different users. Now you can do this."
But in the current build, I still don't see how this is accomplished.
How is this accomplished with the new release?
Pls advise
John

admin 6/26/2018

Use '+' button in Page Designer?

S
smith 6/27/2018

Hi admin

But after making the extra page using + sign, there is no option to show it in the generated application as the menu designer is not shwing that exta page. for example if there is a additional list page like list1, in menu we can select only list/add/edit etc pages but the extra page is not showing, so ultimately how to view the same in generated application?

Use '+' button in Page Designer?

J
John author 6/30/2018

Yes, I did see and use the + button to add an additional page. My question is how can there multiple active pages? It appears that you can only use one page at a time. Be it list, view, add or edit.

"Multiple pages of the same type i.e. two or three list pages based on the same table. Previously you had to create a custom view or two that were more difficult to manage and also created unnecessary pages."

Pls advise

John

J
John author 7/27/2018

Same question in the new production release... [PHPRunner Enterprise 10.0 (Build 31141 x64)]
Quote from release notes:
2. Multiple pages of the same type

You can have multiple Add or List pages that belong to the same table. A typical use case scenario: create two Add pages, insert a copy of Add button, in second Add button properties make it point to the second Add page. Then you can use code in events to hide one of buttons

J
jiscar 7/27/2018

it does not work!

can someone make a little Tutorial for multiple pages/lists
thx

D
Daviant 7/28/2018

it does not work!

can someone make a little Tutorial for multiple pages/lists
thx

I join

This option does not work. (Tested on List page)

B
biotechsun 7/29/2018

How to view your extra pages created using + in page designer

1. Make a new page of List or add or edit etc in the designer tab
  2. Click and open Menu Builder from the Editor Page
  3. Click Add Link
  4. Type: Hyperlink, Link type: Application page, Link to: Your Table Name and select list page/add page/edit page etc.. (the main page of your + page created, Item text: to some thing like Table_Edit2 or Table_list 2 etc. to recognize it in the menu easily.
  5. Now click on the ... next to page selection drop down
  6. Edit_Page_Link box popup appears
  7. enter your extra page created here like "Page=list1" without " ex. page=edit2, page=add3 (Make sure about the page name if you have renamed the page in designer).
  8. Build
    PROBLEM: These links are not appearing in the Security (Admin Area)Link for dynamic permissions. This is visible to all users, may be admin can tell us how to use dynamic permissions for these pages for different user groups.
    Hope you can re produce the same

Regards

admin 7/29/2018

I can confirm that this is a bug in current build of PHPRunner 10 (31141-31158) that will be fixed in the next update (Monday-Tuesday).

admin 8/1/2018

Fixed in build 31195

C
cis2131 8/4/2018

Fixed in build 31195

I have just installed 31232, and this still seems to be a problem.

I can choose the page as a menu item on Common pages / Menu, but not in menu builder, or any other places. Also the generated page (e.g. list1) does not show correct. Menu and a lot of stylesheet seems to be missing.

C
cristi 8/4/2018

I have just installed 31232, and this still seems to be a problem.

I can choose the page as a menu item on Common pages / Menu, but not in menu builder, or any other places. Also the generated page (e.g. list1) does not show correct. Menu and a lot of stylesheet seems to be missing.

Did you tried a full build and upload all files??? - in my case this solved the problem.

jadachDevClub member 8/4/2018

I am experiencing the same issues as Claus. I am using ASPR.Net.

J
John author 8/7/2018

Sergey:

The function does appear to function in the new release (PHPR Build 31232x64). I see that although the older Menu Builder does not have a pull down selection for the created pages, you can still invoke them via the "Edit Page Link"

The problem is that is some cases the additional pages appear to be missing much of the HTML so the page appears either blank or incorrect.

Pls advise

John

J
John author 8/10/2018