This topic is locked

SELECT ALL in a multi-select drop down

6/21/2018 2:58:26 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
S
swiersman author

Hi All,
This one has really stumped me:

1. I have a multi-select drop down box called "People To Notify".
  2. It uses a table called " Employees" which has "Employee" and 'Email" columns.
  3. This box selects from the "Employee" column.
  4. It works great!
  5. I have another multi-select box called "Peoples Emails".
  6. It uses the same table called " Employees" which has "Employee" and 'Email" columns.
  7. This box selects from the "Email" column and is dependent on the above 'People To Notify" multi-select box.
    So when I select an Employee from the "People To Notify" multi-select box corresponding email shows up in the "Peoples Emails" multi-select box and is selected.
    If I select more than one Employee from the "People To Notify" multi-select box their corresponding email adds the "Peoples Emails" multi-select box, but only the last one I selected is selected.
    If I select more than one Employee from the "People To Notify" multi-select box their corresponding email adds the "Peoples Emails" multi-select box, but I need all emails from first to last selected, not just the last one added.
    This "Peoples Emails" field is used to feed the email "To" field to send email I need to send all that in it to be used a recipients.
    Anyone know of a way to have all options appearing in the "Peoples Emails" multi-select box selected?
    Scott