This topic is locked

Electronic Signatures

6/19/2018 12:13:57 PM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
author

I am working on a project where users enter the basics into a database. I have a need to have an approval structure within the system.
For example if a user enters a record into the database, his/her supervisor will need to "Sign-Off" on that entry for correctness. Then the Supervisor's Manager has to "Sign-Off" on the Supervisors approval.
Has anyone implemented anything like this? I have thought about electronic signatures but have no experience to move in that direction. If you could give your thoughts on how something like this can be done I would really appreciate it. I am open to most any suggestion.
Thank you,
Joe

B
beishmc 6/19/2018

Seems to me like you need to have three status fields, each one for one level user to "sign".

1. When user enters the data his status field would be changed to new status "entered" and forbid altering data after that.
  2. Then his supervisor checks the entered data and mark second status after that you will forbid both previous users to edit data.
  3. Finally supervisor will check the data and change if needed and sign and change third status on data.

Pete K 6/20/2018

Seems to me like you need to have three status fields, each one for one level user to "sign".

1. When user enters the data his status field would be changed to new status "entered" and forbid altering data after that.
  2. Then his supervisor checks the entered data and mark second status after that you will forbid both previous users to edit data.
  3. Finally supervisor will check the data and change if needed and sign and change third status on data.

This is similar to what we have done. For most purposes, a secure app with required logins that require checking a box and recording the person's ID and perhaps a date should suffice for an electronic signature.

jadachDevClub member 6/20/2018

This is similar to what we have done. For most purposes, a secure app with required logins that require checking a box and recording the person's ID and perhaps a date should suffice for an electronic signature.

Same here. Using windows authentication and authorization we allow that username and date stamp to be a valid sign off. No need to implement the signature pad.

F
FrankR 6/23/2018

Same here as well.