This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted

5/25/2018 10:46:04 AM
PHPRunner General questions
P
PhpApprentice author

I have a table of nearly 600,000 records. When I click on list icon for edit or view, PHP fails in this way. I changed php.ini script memory allocation (memory_limit) from 128M to 512M and it still failed.
I have removed the user choice to edit or view records in this large table. This is ok. I can use a temporary table for the users to fill and interact with, and then post their changes with SQL code.
What I wish to know is, roughly, how many records would be a limit for a list, with option to view or edit icon functionality.
In the future I could have tables with one or two million records, so I will not fight with PHP on memory limits.

admin 5/25/2018

This sounds strange. Edit/View pages only show a single record and total number of records in the table is irrelevant.
It probably makes sense to post it to Demo Account for investigation.

P
PhpApprentice author 5/25/2018

Ok. Will attempt that soon.

This sounds strange. Edit/View pages only show a single record and total number of records in the table is irrelevant.
It probably makes sense to post it to Demo Account for investigation.

P
PhpApprentice author 5/31/2018

I think the issue was a first draft of data conversion, and the unique id for all records was 0, not yet assigned. Unique id is record key. I have not done a full before and after proof, but this is likely what happened.

admin 6/1/2018

It makes some sense now.