This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Custom files

5/13/2018 6:08:12 PM
PHPRunner General questions
M
MikeT author

I'm probably just confused:
I might just have done something wrong, but it seemed to me that my files/folders I've put under Editor-->custom files were lost after re-building / developing / rebuilding / etc...

(I still have copies, so nothing's really lost).
But just for clarification: Are the files/folders under "Custom files" in the Editor just links to the files and should I therefore keep them in a separate directory, so that they are also included when I e.g. delete the contents of the output folder and do a complete new build?

I first thought that phpR imports these files somewhere outside of the build-directory (but inside the project directory) and takes them from there whenever there's a full build is taking place.
Thanks for clarification! Michael

H
headingwest 5/13/2018

Hi Michael,
Custom files need to remain in the custom files folder that PHPRunner creates.
Jim.

M
MikeT author 5/16/2018

Thanks. In my opinion (really just my opinion, I can work with how it is) there should be no dependency between what's in the output folder and what's in the phpR-Application.
Ideally (again for me!) you should be able to wipe the output folder and so a rebuild of the whole project without losing the before imported custom files.

Like a build-system where you put in references to include that reside outside of the build folder, and that are included upon building/complling.
But maybe I'm just still not getting how it works, I'm doing some more tests.
Kind regards, Michael

admin 5/16/2018

When you add/create/import file under 'Custom files' in Visual Editor those files are physically created in 'files' subfolder in project folder. Those files will be copied to the output folder when you build your project.
So it is totally safe to delete all files in the output folder and then perform a full build.

M
MikeT author 5/17/2018

yeah, just realized this after another test, I probably made a mistake before.
Feel free to delete this thread.