This topic is locked

Bootstrap theming

5/11/2018 2:02:41 AM
PHPRunner General questions
M
MikeT author

(As I'm still fairly new to phpRunner this might be common knowledge or maybe I'm doing something horrible....;-)).
Had to customize some things for my first phpR-project that's using bootstrap.

There might be better solutions, but here's how I did it since the themes are base on Bootswatch:
-close phpRunner (don't know if this is necessary, but I'd advise to not do the below steps with your project loaded)

-Duplicate and rename your preferred Theme-Folder in phpRunner/styles/bootstrap

-GoTo www.bootstrap-live-customizer.com'>www.bootstrap-live-customizer.com/'>https://www.bootstrap-live-customizer.com'>www.bootstrap-live-customizer.com/ and load the Bootswatch-Theme your customization should be based on (use the link on top right "Select predefined theme").

-Tweak the theme in the menu on the right, you'll see a preview on the left

-When finished click on "Download" (top of screen, dropdown) & and download bootstrap.min.css

-Open the file bootstrap-theme.min.css in the folder you copied and renamed before, delete all the contents

-Open your downloaded custom bootstrap.min.css

-Copy paste all from bootstrap.min.css to bootstrap-theme.min.css, save bootstrap-theme.min.css, close the file

-start phpRunner, goto Style, you should now be able to select your new theme.
Of course you can also download the sources (Sass etc.) from bootswatch or www.bootstrap-live-customizer.com'>www.bootstrap-live-customizer.com and do the customizations with local tools and compile a min.css file.

For not to deep modifications www.bootstrap-live-customizer.com'>www.bootstrap-live-customizer.com is a real time-saver.

M
MikeT author 5/14/2018

one thing:
you might need to check the css you generated on https://www.bootstrap-live-customizer.com for external references...

E.g. glyphicons etc. They'll probably point to the wrong path (and are not necessary anyway, since glyphicons get references from the other css of phpRunner, as far as I see.)
Anyway, I think it's still a great solutions if you want to change more than only 3-4 things.

admin 5/14/2018

Just wanted to confirm this is a viable way to create a new custom Bootstrap theme that will be compatible with PHPRunner.

M
MikeT author 5/15/2018

Thanks, maybe this could be moved to the tips and tricks forum.