This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Go to another page from

5/3/2018 5:32:57 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
M
Mdware author

Hi all, my background is in Sql server data warehousing and Ms Access VBA. I bought a copy of Asprunner.net so that I can convert my access applications to asp.net.
Question

In Asprunner.net, I have been trying to simply insert a simple button to open another pager from a report or any other list page.

On the Client After event .I have tried

MVCFunctions.HeaderRedirect("Page Name", " list ");
I have also tried this

location.href = Runner.getPageUrl("Page name", "list");
When I click on the button nothing happens

I also tried this on client before even as well just in case, but not worked either.

Where am i going wrong? All i want to do is simply open another page without send any values to that page (Yet), just to open it in any of these formats Add/list/View etc.
Thanks for your help in advance

admin 5/3/2018

Make sure that you use a real table name instead of "Page name".

M
Mdware author 5/7/2018

Make sure that you use a real table name instead of "Page name".

Hi Thanks for your reply i am using the real table name i only put Page name for illustration, i really don't know where i am going wrong. From what i have read this is supposed to be very simple. I have tried both boots strap pages and old style pages as well, but still nothing happens.

admin 5/7/2018

There must be something wrong. Your code needs to be correct and need to be placed to correct event. For instance if you place server code like MVCFunctions.HeaderRedirect to Javascript event it won't work.
Make sure you are not getting any Javascript errors on the page, it will prevent your redirect code from working:

https://xlinesoft.com/asprunnernet/docs/troubleshooting_javascript_errors.htm