This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Linebreaks in a List table?

4/23/2018 9:44:17 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
MK Frank R author

Is there any way to programmatically achieve linebreaks in a list table? [i.e. if a certain field has a certain value, create a blank line in the table List?

admin 4/23/2018

What is the "blank line in the table List"?

MK Frank R author 4/24/2018

What is the "blank line in the table List"?

I meant being able to actually skip a line in a List. i.e. If the value of a particular column is a particular value, have a blank line in the list before continuing. [For viewability]

admin 4/27/2018

The following article is for PHPRunner but adapting it for ASPRunner.NET won't be that difficult:

http://asprunner.com/forums/topic/6221-how-to-insert-a-subheader-between-groups-of-records/

MK Frank R author 4/27/2018

The following article is for PHPRunner but adapting it for ASPRunner.NET won't be that difficult:

http://asprunner.com...ups-of-records/

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
That would make for a great addition to the product itself, if it could be automatically generated.
Looking forward to V10 soon.

admin 4/27/2018

Computer, insert a blank line in the grid if certain field equals certain value.
We literally being asked to add a thousand features like this that "must be" be a part of the product and will be a "great addition". No joke. The thing is navigating a product with all these features added will be simply impossible. This is why we added events that can handle this functionality and much more.

Pete K 5/1/2018

We literally being asked to add a thousand features like this that "must be" be a part of the product and will be a "great addition". No joke. The thing is navigating a product with all these features added will be simply impossible. This is why we added events that can handle this functionality and much more.

This. I appreciate that ASPRunner.NET has provided a great foundation for generating rock-solid basic CRUD apps with no coding, plus a well-thought-out framework for extending these apps with our own code. The possibilities are virtually endless, but if XLinesoft tried to do it all via a point and click UI, true innovation would never happen as they would be too busy with minutia. I really like developing apps this way. It takes the drudgery out of the boring, repetitive aspects while allowing me to stretch the boundaries of creativity and work on more challenging problems via coding, which is the part of my job I love the most.

MK Frank R author 5/1/2018

I agree, too, and I know they can't add every requested feature. It's just that this one sounded like a natural.
I love the flexibility of this product. It's the best RAD product on the market. And with the new stuff coming, it will be off the charts great.

Dalkeith 5/1/2018

I'm sure Xline will work to add useful and flexible features - unfortunately I don't always know the difference between what is easy to incorporate and what is difficult. I am getting to grips with Bootstrap more now and I can see some of my previous requests were inappropriate because of constraints of the underlying framework.