This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

Custom highlighting in a List - any way to Export the formatting?

4/20/2018 9:37:26 AM
ASPRunner.NET General questions
MK Frank R author

I am building a new app where the different highlighting in the list is very important to the end user. [i.e. red cells when things are overdue, etc.]
Is there any way to easily set up a way to Export that to Excel or Word, retaining all that formatting?

MK Frank R author 4/24/2018

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you.

MK Frank R author 4/25/2018

Well, I'll answer my own question.
I don't believe there is an ASPRunner.NET way for preserving the formatting in Excel or Word. But, in my case, all I Really needed for the client was to be able to preserve the formatting if they want to print out the list. So, I set up a Print view of the list, and I'm using the same formatting code from the actual List page, and that is working. The code goes in Print page: After record processing.

Pete K 4/26/2018

Well, I'll answer my own question.
I don't believe there is an ASPRunner.NET way for preserving the formatting in Excel or Word. But, in my case, all I Really needed for the client was to be able to preserve the formatting if they want to print out the list. So, I set up a Print view of the list, and I'm using the same formatting code from the actual List page, and that is working. The code goes in Print page: After record processing.

Good solution.