Forums: [SOLVED] Custom highlighting in a List - any way to Export the formatting? - Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[SOLVED] Custom highlighting in a List - any way to Export the formatting? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MK Frank R 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

I am building a new app where the different highlighting in the list is very important to the end user. [i.e. red cells when things are overdue, etc.]

Is there any way to easily set up a way to Export that to Excel or Word, retaining all that formatting?

#2 User is offline   MK Frank R 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you.

#3 User is offline   MK Frank R 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:46 PM

Well, I'll answer my own question.

I don't believe there is an ASPRunner.NET way for preserving the formatting in Excel or Word. But, in my case, all I Really needed for the client was to be able to preserve the formatting if they want to print out the list. So, I set up a Print view of the list, and I'm using the same formatting code from the actual List page, and that is working. The code goes in Print page: After record processing.

#4 User is offline   Pete K 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

View PostMK Frank R, on 25 April 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

Well, I'll answer my own question.

I don't believe there is an ASPRunner.NET way for preserving the formatting in Excel or Word. But, in my case, all I Really needed for the client was to be able to preserve the formatting if they want to print out the list. So, I set up a Print view of the list, and I'm using the same formatting code from the actual List page, and that is working. The code goes in Print page: After record processing.

Good solution.

----------------------------------------------------------
Pete K.
Web Developer
Fayette County Public Schools | Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic