This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

dompdf error help

4/13/2018 3:05:05 PM
PHPRunner General questions
M
Melanie authorDevClub member

DOMPDF Formatting. I am using Massmailer and have it mostly working - using a project page with pdf viewer to attach a pdf to e-mail to users - but the formatting of the PDF is not good. I won't seem to do a table (I get an error about cells) and if I use a more simple layout it doesn't look nice and fills up the whole page (accross) no matter what kind of changes I make to make it look better. Any hints for these PDFs created from the HTML pages?
I have re-installed the DOMPDF and at runtime I do get a slightly better formatted PDF now. When I run the pdf in the project (clicking PDF button on project printer ready page) I get a very nice PDF with color etc but when I runs and creates the PDF through Massmailer and e-mails it, the formatting is not as nice. It is black and white and includes the button that you see on the screen (PDF).
I have also discovered that I cannot really send to the users just their data without them logging in. I was trying to avoid anyone logging in. So then my only option is to make the database fields I want to include in the template of the e-mail. This is not a good solution as I have rows and columns that I want to send and the formatting is not nice
Description: this is the description

date: this is the data

amount: 50

hours: 10

___
Description: this is the description2

date: this is the data2

amount: 20

hours: 5
So I am still not sure this will work for me - it is close. I either need to find a way to filter the PDF data to each employee or find a way to format the data a little more elegantly.
If anyone has any suggestion please reply.

M
Melanie authorDevClub member 4/19/2018

I am marking this as solved and will do a longer post in Tips and Tricks. Bottom line I now have the MassMailer template working with my SQL database using my tables - and have it e-mailing specific employee data to users. I love PHPRunner - it has been invaluable to us in getting quick web based apps up quickly without a programmer on staff. I have found the support, manuals and instructions plus these forums very helpful whenever I have had a problem or wanted to do a specific task. I have to say Massmailer instructions seemed to be lacking a bit - and that is probably just because I am not a programmer and these things may have been completely obvious to others - but I will start a new post and list the step by step and an example of how I am using it so it may help others. I will also include some gotchas that took me a bit of time to figure out.

J
justinkongyt 4/22/2018

I am marking this as solved and will do a longer post in Tips and Tricks. Bottom line I now have the MassMailer template working with my SQL database using my tables - and have it e-mailing specific employee data to users. I love PHPRunner - it has been invaluable to us in getting quick web based apps up quickly without a programmer on staff. I have found the support, manuals and instructions plus these forums very helpful whenever I have had a problem or wanted to do a specific task. I have to say Massmailer instructions seemed to be lacking a bit - and that is probably just because I am not a programmer and these things may have been completely obvious to others - but I will start a new post and list the step by step and an example of how I am using it so it may help others. I will also include some gotchas that took me a bit of time to figure out.

Hi,
Can you advise where we can get the steps to solve this issue? Thanks in advance!
Justin

R
roeland 5/1/2018

Hi Melanie,

can you let us know how you solved the issue?

thanks!