This topic is locked

Business Rules

4/6/2018 3:21:49 PM
PHPRunner General questions
B
bobalston author

Does PHPRunner allow the developer to create Business Rules, like some other development tools do like Code On Time?
Bob

jadachDevClub member 4/6/2018

PHPRunner can handle just about any business rule required - extremely flexible. You will need to use events for most of them. Do you have a few examples of business rules you are referring to?

B
bobalston author 4/6/2018

I know that you can use events to code whatever you want. But other products are built for business rules, where rules are much easier to do than doing custom code. Ex. CodeOnTime.
bob

admin 4/8/2018

@bobalston Can you point to a specific page in their docs that shows how to create business rules without code? Maybe we can learn a thing or two.

B
bobalston author 4/8/2018

@bobalston Can you point to a specific page in their docs that shows how to create business rules without code? Maybe we can learn a thing or two.

I think I was wrong in my understanding of what business rules in CodeOnTime are. I do know that some friends of mine who are web app developers really like the feature. I have asked them for more info. sorry if my prior post was misleading.
bob

admin 4/10/2018

This is what I thought. Business rules in CodeOnTime are nothing but events in PHPRunner. While you can go great lengths to let your users do something useful in events without coding i.e. pre-built actions - the scope of this thing will be extremely limited. Using sample events as a starting point can take you very far.