This topic is locked

Reports of Beta 10 test?

3/28/2018 2:20:18 PM
PHPRunner General questions
D
dshepperd author

How do you want reports of any testing of the beta version 10 delivered? Here? Somewhere else?

mbintex 3/29/2018

Shouldn´t we - the users - discuss the Beta anyhow? Perhaps putting together all our comments would be good for Xlinesoft, too - no double comments. And we all see where we want the product to go? Kind of discussion about a roadmap.

M
marcelorribas 3/29/2018

Shouldn´t we - the users - discuss the Beta anyhow? Perhaps putting together all our comments would be good for Xlinesoft, too - no double comments. And we all see where we want the product to go? Kind of discussion about a roadmap.

Excelent idea.

mbintex 3/29/2018

Well, these are my findings so far:

• Cell properties should work for complete columns, rows or tables marked
  • Rows, columns or tables should have one click options to be marked - not only Strg-Click x times
  • Saving some standard colors of yours in the color chooser would be nice.
  • Really great would be the ability to save certain settings of fonts, alignments etc directly in the GUI as a custom style which you could use on other layouts too. For example bold, different font and larger for headlines.
  • I didn´t see an obvious way to keep for example an edit and an add layout in synch. If you have a complicated layout setup for add, you probably want the same layout for edit and a nearly duplicate layout for view - at least as a start. There is a definite need to copy page settings. Hopefully I just haven´t found them - otherwise that would be a big step backwards. Perhaps "Create new page" could have the option to build a new page as a copy of page x.
  • How do I delete a page that I don´t need any more or have created by accident?
  • Instead of the field popup placing new fields just at the end I guess people would prefer a list box with all fields from which they could drag&drop the field to whatever position they like at once. The current field chooser for adding and removing will become unhandy if you have long field lists.
  • Removing fields should work with Delete key or marked fields should have an x-symbol to delete them right where you are with your mouse cursor.
  • Will field settings not be incorporated in the page designer, i.e I can change so much of a field, but not whether it is a textfield or a checkbox. There should be at least a visual representation of the field type in page designer. Currently all fields look the same.
  • Very important will be, how well the new version imports old style layouts - if it breaks everything, adoption rate of version 10 will be slow. Perhaps having old and new style editors for a period of time as alternatives - classic mode for difficult settings - could be a solution.
  • Having to click twice for getting bold, italic or underline is kind of ridiculous. Why not having a symbol B, I, U with one click as it is everywhere else.
  • PageDesigner should be much more WYSiWYG, showing fonts, sizes, bold/italic etc. and colors already
  • Currently the whole thing - on an i7 with 16 GB RAM - is lame as hell. Hopefully this is only due to debug code.
  • Several crashes so far without any messages - just quit working and had to be killed via the Task Manager on Win10 latest.

Have written most of this already in December directly to Xlinesoft. Sadly in now three months of development I don´t see much of a progress.

D
dn1353 3/31/2018

Hi,

Locate DATE such as Persian Date still have not been applied to the beta version (10).
for instance, when I select Persian as local language (RTL), local Date must appear accordingly.
any advice?

lefty 4/1/2018

Don't use dynamic security as it is not ready yet . Missed that in change log.

Rest of what I have tested so far seems okay except for some of the issues posted above . It will be a learning curve as I have used every version since 2005 . Although I wish the beta for 10 lasted longer than 21 days . As I need to test a lot longer than that before I upgrade/purchase.
Tested on Windows 8.1 , no issues with speed yet , although it was a small test project. i7 16gb ram.
I think this topic should be moved to a new folder on forum for Version 10 , so not mix with older versions posts that were very similar compared with this major change .

F
firecloud 4/4/2018

got popup error on every test