This topic is locked

Security Forms

3/1/2018 7:12:58 PM
PHPRunner General questions
M
mrl40 author

Hi
I have setup security using phprunner, but when i log onto my website it gives me no option to put more users in. In fact nothing appears neither a security form or the existing tables i could see before implementing security.
Thanks

Mike

woodey2002 3/1/2018

Hello,
In your phprunner security tab make sure you have added an admin user!
Build you application!
Login with you admin account!
All security and admin settings are in the "Admin Area" which can be seen in the top right corner of you application, only visible once you login!!!
Go to user groups and then depending on how you can setup security ie dynamic etc, you can choose what user goes in each group or tables users can see etc!
Cheers,

J
P.S Sometimes it could be a browser issue so try clearing cache or alternate browser

M
mrl40 author 3/1/2018

Hello,
In your phprunner security tab make sure you have added an admin user!
Build you application!
Login with you admin account!
All security and admin settings are in the "Admin Area" which can be seen in the top right corner of you application, only visible once you login!!!
Go to user groups and then depending on how you can setup security ie dynamic etc, you can choose what user goes in each group or tables users can see etc!
Cheers,

J
P.S Sometimes it could be a browser issue so try clearing cache or alternate browser

Thanks for reply but even after following your steps I am not getting an admin area. I'am getting 3 forms for the security tables but no admin area

woodey2002 3/1/2018

In phprunner itself before you build your project,
go to the security tab...
click on permissions...
Select dynamic permissions...
add yourself as a "Admin User"...
Do a full build of your application and launch the browser,
Login in using newly created admin account, there should now be an option for you to click on depending on the template you used, should a button in the top right corner usually it is your username.
Click that button, you will see two options "Admin area" and Log out.
Select the admin area, manage user form there
If this fails please review all security settings you have chosen like tables, registration etc, it must me something there as I have used runner for a longtime and never have I seen this behaviour.
This is end part of a domain to an admin area, maybe copy this and add it to the end of your domain to see what happens.
/admin_rights_list.php
Hope this helps