This topic is locked

2 questions regarding a reference manual and click actions

2/9/2018 9:57:36 AM
PHPRunner General questions
M
myherds author

There is a LOT of capability in this tool but it's a little difficult knowing all the methods and functions (what's available where)that are in the system from the help docs. Is there a reference doc somewhere because I can't find one.
Ex: Just looking at the javascript api link in the help docs doesn't cover what is all implemented.
A current need I have is this and I can't find anywhere how to do it.
I used the click action ajax thing to fire some code when data is clicked in a list page cell. It all works. A new record is added to the DB correctly and it's the last record in the list view. What I want is to now open that record immediately in Edit page mode. Therefore, I want something in the Client After code to bring this record up in Edit mode. I cannot find a way to do it.
As an example of my frustration, in the help doc for events you are given this example of opening the add page.
7. Open Add page :
$("#addButton"+pageid).click();
Now there is no reference anywhere to opening the Edit page in the same manner. Sure enough you put this line of code in and it works.
Logically you then try:
$("#editButton"+pageid).click(); //And it doesn't work.
So I say all of this to ask, is there a reference manual anywhere that is more complete than the help doc? And anyone have a method for opening the Edit page in javascript from the Client After area?

admin 2/9/2018

It is really frustrating to see posts like this. Lots of emotions and very little info.
How do you add your record? Via code in your event or via Inline Add or via Add in popup?

How do you need to open edit page: inline, in popup or as separate page?

Should we guess which page in documentation you referring to?

M
myherds author 2/9/2018

It is really frustrating to see posts like this. Lots of emotions and very little info.
How do you add your record? Via code in your event or via Inline Add or via Add in popup?

How do you need to open edit page: inline, in popup or as separate page?

Should we guess which page in documentation you referring to?

I'm not emotional so please don't read the posting as a rant. The code is less of an issue. What I am asking for is a technical ref if it exists where functionality is grouped and organized.
Again as an example, $("#addButton"+pageid).click(); is found as an example of something you can do in an area of the online documentation. But I don't find a listing of such functionality grouped in a reference manual. I'm wanting to use this solution really well because I like it and I think there is a lot "inside" it. What I would like is a reference manual where all the methods, functions and calls are systematically organized.
All I'm saying is that the snippet above is a really easy to use feature and valuable. I "accidentally" found it looking in an area of the docs instead of being able to parse through a section where like elements might be documented.
There's all these cool things you can do but it's difficult to know all the possibilities.
An example: you find the article below in the help docs, click it and you scroll down.
How to control Inline Add/Edit functionality from script
You find this example of something you can do:
8. Make new record appear at the end of the list (when Inline or 'Add in popup' mode is enabled):
pageObj.addNewRecordsToBottom = true;
I cannot search to find all the things like addNewRecordsToBottom that are available for pageObj. Is addNewRecordsToBottom all you can do or are there a host of other permutations available? I can't tell.
I loooooove the solution. I think it's awesome. It would be great if the help docs just had a replete listing of all these methods and such so the user knew all that was available to them, that's all.
Again, I'm not in an emotional state here. Just wanting to use this solution to the fullest possible.