This topic is locked
[SOLVED]

SearchController

1/22/2018 5:14:54 PM
PHPRunner General questions
J
jaffleck author

Is there a way to make the SearchController perform the search programatically from the OnLoad event? I see how to add fields and populate them, but I don't see a method in the SearchController documentation to actually fire off the search. Is there one?

admin 1/23/2018

SearchController is designed for a totally different purpose.
What you can try is to redirect user search results page. You can do this in one of server events or in Javascript OnLoad event.

Here is the sample search results URL:

orders_list.php?q=(CustomerID~equals~BOTTM)
J
jaffleck author 1/30/2018

SearchController is designed for a totally different purpose.
What you can try is to redirect user search results page. You can do this in one of server events or in Javascript OnLoad event.

Here is the sample search results URL:

orders_list.php?q=(CustomerID~equals~BOTTM)

On what page would I script this?

admin 1/30/2018

What page your original question was about?

J
jaffleck author 2/2/2018

What page your original question was about?

I have a list page on which I have used a custom edit format to create a hyperlink to another list page, passing search parameters for the target search page. I have scripted the population of the target search window with the parameters and just need to have the search executed.

admin 2/2/2018

You don't need to do anything with the search page. Just build that search results URL in your code and redirect user there.

J
jaffleck author 2/15/2018

You don't need to do anything with the search page. Just build that search results URL in your code and redirect user there.

I'm sorry, but I'm not following you.....

admin 2/16/2018

What exactly causes the trouble? You need to redirect user to URL like orders_list.php?q=(CustomerID~equals~BOTTM). You can do this on any page in PHPRunner.

J
jaffleck author 2/18/2018

What exactly causes the trouble? You need to redirect user to URL like orders_list.php?q=(CustomerID~equals~BOTTM). You can do this on any page in PHPRunner.

Ah! Now I understand. Thanks.